Author Topic: Price reduced to Sell 53 Kaiser/Frazer Traveler Deluxe DailyDriver 4 Sale $6900  (Read 4233 times)

EarlyRods

• View Profile
    • Email
1953 Kaiser / Frazer Traveler Deluxe, one of 18 left, less than 300 build in 1953 and last year build.

I just reduced the price to sell this Nice Traveler from $7900 to $6900. Easy Starting, Nice Driver, the the Rebuilt Engine and 4 Speed AutoTrans makes it a Freeway Cruiser. I don't why GM waited so long to put this transmission in the cars. I had this same tramission in my 56 GMC 4X4.

4 Door, with Original Hatchback Wagon Rear Door. Has a 4 speed Hydromatic, yes a 4 speed Hydromatic, Very Rare in this year and model, and gets over 22 MPG.

Rebuild Flat Head Six, Rebuilt Carb, New Brakes, Wheel Cylinders, Shoes, Hoses, Wheel Seals, and Master Cylinder, New Exhaust, New Shocks front and rear, nice exterior (Dino Skin), Velour Seats, Back seat folds down and has oak wood slates, Good Tires & Wheel Covers

Near Orignal through out, Extra Parts, Runs and Drive nice, a real eye catcher, very rare, a very cool cruiser, Looks like a Sedan and acts like a Wagon with plenty of room for camping or surfboards. Lots of new and used parts(Carb, Fuel Pump, Radio, Fog Lights, & etc).

Price $6900, Offers, Trades, or Questions Call 805 878 8115, Photos at www.EarlyRods.com

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:08:13 AM by EarlyRods »

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1953 Kaiser / Frazer Traveler Deluxe Daily Driver For Sale $7900
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »
I don't know where your numbers are coming from but according to the KFOC Membership handbook there were about 1,000 built and 29 listed in the club handbook and over 30 listed in the club online registery.  The book "Last Onslaught On Detroit" put production figures at 946. In any case, they're rare just the same. Hope it finds a good home.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

EarlyRods

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 01:02:42 AM »
I received my information from Larry at the Kaiser Store.com. He told me that with mine it made 18 running that he knew of and that the records may show about a thousand, but actually there were about 300 built in 53. He also told me that the Hydromatic in a Traveler was very rare. Its a lot of fun to drive it, as I get thumbs up and waving from those who know what it is.

Thanks

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:18:22 AM »
We know from identified cars (survivors, cars in junk yards found over the years, etc), that the 946 number is the highest actual body number.  If Larry has found factory numbers for 1953 production (rather than estimates that we are currently using), I hope he shares the information with the club.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »
I've never heard any info on how many had a Hydramatic (GM combined the words "hydraulic" and "automatic" to name their automatic transmission) but my guess is it's a low number as Larry points out. I've seen many Manhattans (the fancier model) with 3 speeds, some without overdrive, so a Hydramatic in any of lower-end models is unusual. The Dual Range Hydramatic was intoduced in 1952 and replaced the single range which some people complain were not that good. The 4-speed version was good and it's interesting to note those early ones did not have a "Park" position. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:48:08 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »
While they didn't have a park position, reverse would lock when the engine was shut off. I'm sure an automatic Traveler is very rare.
1968 Buick Skylark Convertible
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman