Author Topic: On-line membership renewal  (Read 1292 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
On-line membership renewal
« on: April 01, 2017, 01:19:10 PM »
Today I received a notice that my membership in KFOCI has expired and the message contained instructions on how to renew on-line.  After clicking on to the website I tried to renew but no matter what I did in using my assigned password or in trying to change it I got a message that " email address or password is incorrect" so for the 47th time I will mail my renewal in with a check.  Has anyone else had trouble trying to renew on-line?  This should be an easy procedure and not a frustrating experience.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: On-line membership renewal
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 02:01:43 PM »
The issue and fix has been mentioned in previous posts but is worth repeating here...

Have you tried logging in to the club website (not this forum...the club website itself) prior to attempting to renew? If not, there's your problem. When the switch was made to the new software all passwords were reset to a as a safety measure. To change your password, click on the forgot password link and the system will guide you thru the process. Once done, you should be able to renew your membership.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 04:30:32 PM »
The club website took me directly to the site for renewing but it rejected my attempts to change the password or renewal on line so I sent in a check.  Thanks
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

rialto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 08:02:57 PM »
I had the same problem with renewal and password so I mailed a check in January.

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 06:59:44 AM »
I renewed online last month...no problems. It was great! It can be frustrating when a site works for some and not others but a couple things to check...

Is your browser updated? Try using a different browser if one is not behaving...some sites/plugins do not work well together.
When resetting a password...read any popups...I teach tech and most sites now require higher security measures. Passwords now generally ask for a minimum length, caps and lowercase, a number, and a special character. All my passwords for all my admin sites require it so it may be a simple lack of incorporating it... Hope it helps and you regain access:-)
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 07:44:41 PM »
I got an email saying my membership expired. I can't find where to click to renew. I clicked on join us and it said I'm already a member.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 07:30:45 AM »
To renew a membership, log on to the website and then click on the 'View profile' link under your name. It will take you to your membership information and it should allow you to renew.