Author Topic: 1949 Kaiser Traveler Self-Centering brake shoes  (Read 567 times)

Charley

• View Profile
    • Email
1949 Kaiser Traveler Self-Centering brake shoes
« on: January 02, 2018, 01:38:15 PM »

I'm in need of the self centering brake shoes.  Apparently Kaiser used standard and self centering brake systems.  Standards won't work unless I change out the whole system.  I do understand these style brakes were used on different vehicles, Studebaker and maybe a 60's Chevy Pickup. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON FINDING THESE SHOES OR KNOW OF WHAT OTHER VEHICLE THEY MAY HAVE BEEN USED ON.  I've tried KF Parts and Chris says he doesn't have any available.....only the standard style.

I've already rebuilt my master and wheel cylinders and replaced many of the linkage rods/pins so changing out to the other system is not gonna work for me.  I've looked every where the best I can (for not being computer literate) and just can't seem to find the right part or know where to look for alternate parts without doing a visual.  I definitely don't want to buy online and find out I'm getting the wrong shoes.

I'm also looking for window rubber seals/gaskets.  I definitely need the front (pair) and rear rubber ones.  I understand that they may be the same as the Sedan.  I've tried Rudy and got a no go from him.  Any other suggestions??  I'd even go for a good used set, especially the rear (don't have one at all).  My car is gonna be a daily driver, not a trailer queen so I go with what I can get.

I'd love to finally take my car to some events and to the Northwest Spring Meeting but I just can't do it without windows!!  I definitely need some help.

Thanks for any help I can get. 

Charley Kaiser #7232
(previous member #2426 - yep, left for a couple of years and when I rejoined in '96 I ended up with a new number)
Previously owned:  1948 Kaiser Special
                               1954 Henry J Corsair Deluxe