Author Topic: Sorting Kaiser-Frazer topics  (Read 618 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sorting Kaiser-Frazer topics
« on: May 30, 2019, 12:33:53 PM »
Many of us have large Kaiser Frazer literature collections which consists of not only sales catalogs. parts books, repair manuals, owners manuals, press releases, salesmen's  fact books, annual reports, Kaiser-Frazer News papers, service standards booklets, dealers agreements, service time schedules,  postcards, tool catalogs, accessory price lists, magazine and newspaper ads and service bulletins but also hundreds of pages of General Letters and Confidential Bulletins from the factory to the dealers and distributors.  These last two items have a wealth of information about pricing, running changes to the cars. policy changes and announcements of selling campaigns, what was in the different accessory groups and much verification of what was possible in the making of the cars.  Most of us painstakingly file these letters in the chronological order in which they were issued and that creates a difficult job of looking up and verifying information on the cars.  For easier retrieval of the information I have been considering breaking up the thick albums of letters and inserting them in file folders by topic as well as by date.  I am thinking that keeping the information in the original dates of issuance really serves no good purpose and ready access to the information makes more sense.  Have any of you done that or considered it?  What are your thoughts?  Thanks
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sorting Kaiser-Frazer topics
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 06:46:15 PM »
I have found the best way to find things was to go by calendar year rather than model year.  All the Sales related items (Confidential Bulletins, memos, letters and correspondence between dealers and/or distributors, "spy notes" from Ford, GM and Chrysler, etc) are in one set of binders.  Service Bulletins work good arranged in bulletin number order by group (engine, transmission, brakes, etc).  P&A Bulletins seem to work best for me by calendar year.

This is based on decades of collecting.  What works for me may not work as well as some other system for others.