Author Topic: Looking for storage near Orlando & regions question  (Read 805 times)

thej63

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for storage near Orlando & regions question
« on: September 18, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »
So while preparing for the pilgrimage to Hershey for the first time since moving to florida, my wife and I just found out that the property where we are currently storing our car in PA was put on the market today. The house could sell in 1 month or 1 year...who knows. I however would like to get our car out of there ASAP rather than have to drop everything and run up there to remove it once they have a buyer. The problem is that we don't have a house yet so we have no place to keep it and we don't want to stick our car in a storage locker.

It's currently sitting in a climate controlled garage so we'd ideally like to find a somewhat climate/humidity controlled storage situation again in the Orlando area. If anyone here has space or knows someone who has space, I'd love to hear it.

-----------------------------

Secondly...somewhat off topic. I've been a member for nearly 3 years now but I've never asked...what are the regions? I know aaca has regions but I've never seen an actual list of the various KFOCI regions and what their territory covers. Do the various regions act independently of the club like the aaca regions do? ie holding their own get togethers, meetings, etc?

Now that I live in Orlando, where would I fall?

Thanks

1951 Kaiser Deluxe Golden Dragon - Arena Yellow (087)
AACA First JR - 2018

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looking for storage near Orlando & regions question
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 05:18:43 PM »
what are the regions? I know aaca has regions but I've never seen an actual list of the various KFOCI regions and what their territory covers. Do the various regions act independently of the club like the aaca regions do? ie holding their own get togethers, meetings, etc?

Now that I live in Orlando, where would I fall?

A map of the Divisions and Regions can be found on page 26 of the Spring Quarterly; they are:

Eastern Division – Includes all non-Canadian foreign members and the following States and Provinces: AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC,  TN, VA, VT, WV, NB, NL, NS, PE and QC.

Midwest Division – Includes the following States and Provinces: AR, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, OK, SD, TX, WI, MC and ON.

Western Division – Includes the following States and Provinces: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY, AB, BC and SK.

A list of the (then) Officers, Division Directors, Region Managers and "staff" is on page 27 of the same issue. An updated list will be published in the Fall Quarterly.

Divisions and Regions are not independent of the National organization, but do hold their own get-togethers & meets, which are published in the Monthly News Bulletin and/or their own newsletters.

The Sunshine Region encompasses all of Florida. The current Region Manager is John Maynard; you can reach him at 941-722-3690, pasopony@webtv.net  They have an annual "Snowbird Meet" Info on the January 2020 event is on page 5 of the SEPT 2019 Bulletin.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com