Author Topic: Jeepster postcards  (Read 771 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jeepster postcards
« on: March 15, 2020, 12:12:01 AM »
Over fifty years ago the Willys Overland Jeepster Club had some black and white postcards printed showing the Jeepster and promoting its values.  I ran across a few from a collection and if anyone would like one I can sell one for $5.00 postage paid. I also have one NOS red white and yellow 3 inch club patch for the same price and a 24 page illustrated reprint of the Jeep, Jeepster-Jeep truck accessory catalog for $11.00 PP.   I never realized that there were that many accessories for the Jeeps Let me know if interested.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:08:57 PM by Gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jeepster postcards
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 11:31:00 AM »
Jeepster paper collectors (literature, ads, etc) might be interested in knowing that In 1948, Willys-Overland send out an unknown quantity of their large showroom brochures that were "defective".  I have a regular version and one of the defectives with the Newark NJ distributor's retail showroom stamp on it.  The defect is obivious.  The back cover of the item has condensed specifications; the defective one has a blank back cover.

Or maybe the one I have is a one-off that didn't get printed during the run?    There is a Kaiser-Frazer SALESPROMOTER that didn't have the red ink on it that I have a copy of.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 01:12:28 PM »
Old auto literature is interesting and with Kaiser and Frazer literature in particular it was made from drawings of the proposed cars long before the styling and mechanical features were finalized.  The Frazers had painted grills and the Kaisers were to have had front wheel drive and was slightly smaller than the Frazer and they had bumpers that were very similar to those on the Frazer as did the first prototype Kaisers.  Don't ever depend on sales literature as proof of any particular feature as it was made to introduce the cars and details often turned out differently.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

flamingchariots

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 09:36:28 PM »
Maybe move this topic to a different category?