Author Topic: In Memoriam: Richard (Dick) Hansen  (Read 1371 times)

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
In Memoriam: Richard (Dick) Hansen
« on: July 21, 2020, 12:26:04 PM »
Richard (Dick) Hansen, 89, long time KFOCI and El Dorado Region Member, passed away peacefully on Sunday, July 12th, at his home in Corning CA. Anna Lee, his wife of 69 years and other members of their family were with him at the time of his passing.   No services are planned. Dick spent most of the last part of last year and this year, in and out of the hospital due to complications of Chronic COPD.

Dick and Anna Lee established their Blueberry Farm adjacent to their home 1997. Their farm is visited by hundreds of people during harvest season in May and early June to pick and purchase blueberries.

Dick and Anna Lee have been KFOCI members for many years and were part of the group of KFOCI members who met shortly after the National Convention in Portland OR in 1996, to re-activate the Nor-Cal Region and rename it the El Dorado Region. During the following years, Dick served as Region Manager and Prospector Editor. They also Hosted many Region Meets, as well as attended most all of the Region Meets except those they couldn’t attend because the dates conflicted with blueberry harvests. They both enjoyed attending meets held by the Pacific Northwest Region as well ad National Conventions when they could.

They spent many hours for many months restoring their beautiful 1953 Kaiser Dragon, and they won numerous awards at KFOCI Conventions and various car shows due to the excellence of the restoration. Dick spent a great deal of time and effort working with SMS Auto Fabrics of Canby OR, toward SMS’s successful making of original interior Kaiser cloth and vinyl materials, correct ones of which were used in the restoration of their Dragon. No plans have been made regarding the possibility of a future sale of the Dragon or any of their other Kaisers.

Should any members wish to pay their respects to Anna Lee, she will accept calls at 530-824-2331 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Please do not send flowers as there are family members with allergy issues in Anna Lee’s household.  Cards will be graciously accepted if any of the member would like to send them: 3325 Houghton Ave, Corning CA 96021

Anna Lee will continue to sell the Kaiser key sets which Dick had made and has been selling for  number of years. Call Anna Lee at the above number if you would like to purchase key sets.

Richard will be missed by all who knew him.

Submitted by Bob Gilzean to Secretary

Their son Doug, is handling the sale of the 1988 Ford F350 Dually Extended Cab XLT Lariat truck with 92,000 miles on the truck and 72,000 miles on the engine. Price $6,500. The 2014 aluminum Featherlite dual axle car trailer has a winch and tool box. It was only used once, and that was on a 1,200 mile trip to the 2014 KFOCI National Convention at Puyallup WA. Price $6,000. Anyone interested in the purchase of either or both should call Doug at 530-736-1756.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 02:28:35 PM by Bulletin Editor »
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: In Memoriam: Richard (Dick) Hansen
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 01:53:35 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this.  I bought numerous key sets from Dick and I think I repaired a radio or two for him over the years. Godspeed Richard.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 03:58:49 PM »
I bought numerous key sets from Dick

We did too - excellent quality.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Bob G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »
Sorry to hear this. Dealt with him once for keys. Pleasant experience.
'54 Kaiser Special
'64 Studebaker GT Hawk