Author Topic: Paid members only?  (Read 2513 times)

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
Paid members only?
« on: August 03, 2021, 10:28:19 PM »
Just found out how to find the forum again by asking on one of the KF facebook group pages. Someone mentioned but wouldn't confirm a comment that seemed to say this forum is now for paid club members only. Anyone here know if that's the new status quo?
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Paid members only?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 10:15:49 AM »
Please contact the Club President or the Club Secretary on discontinuing the free ride for non-members.  Their information is found in each issue of KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN and KFOCI QUARTERLY.
I don't receive either of those as an associate member. Neither did I receive any notification how to access the forum after the changes this year, hence my absence the past few months.
As for my question, it's pretty simple & straightforward..........this is the "General Discussion" category.......why the obfuscation? Paid members only now? Yes or no?

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 05:20:17 PM »
As far as I know, this is still the old forum, so still open to all.  When I got back here after the downtime I was able to view threads before I logged in, then once I logged in under my nick/password, the forum showed me the categories/threads I had and hadn't perused.

As I understand it, it is the new forum (whenever that appears) that will be closed off to non-members.

I know both you and I oppose that decision Mark.
51 Kaiser Deluxe

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 09:12:57 PM »
That explains why it still looks like the "old" forum to me. Being an associate "member", no information was shared & I just assumed that the switch had been made during the time it was down, and for weeks after as just a "framework" version that I couldn't log in to.
So, reading between the lines from Jake deleting himself out of the conversation & from what you say...........it sounds like the group that wanted to charge for forum access won out.

Thanks for the info Konrad!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 07:55:42 AM »
If you check the home page of the website, you can access information on contacting the club secretary (Tacoma WA address).  This information is available to members and non-members alike.  You are looking for kfclub.com.  Barbara can give you better information than I can on what's going on.

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 10:37:24 AM »
Bill Stroud is unable to access the forum.

larryk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 07:30:37 PM »
So, from what I can surmise, the new website (kfclub.com, not apricot) is not quite ready for public consumption. I am unable to login with my current password, and trying to recover a lost password comes up with user not found. However, the link to the forum works just fine, and I am able to login there. (the forum)
'53 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
'63 Chevy Impala (Wife's car)
'73 Datsun 240Z F Prepared autocross
'76 Datsun 280Z
'13 Fiat 500 Abarth
KFOCI # 16269

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 08:10:05 PM »
I had a similar experience, emailed the secretary & got a "password reset" link. Did that & all is well now. Old password still works here.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 09:18:20 AM »
Effective 8/1/21 the club stopped paying for Wild Apricot and moved from www.kfclub.com to www.kfclubmembers.com

At this point, all "old" Forum members still have access, regardless of paid membership or not. That may change in the future (as posted and thoroughly discussed several months ago).

As evidenced here, Forum members are still able to sign-in with "old" user name and password, however a new password is required on the new website to access certain functions, such as renewing membership or viewing "Members Only Content."

If you are unable to rest your password from the main page, please send a request to: Secretary@kfclub.com
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com