Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 1989 times)

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
What happened?
« on: August 23, 2021, 10:47:13 PM »
Been a while since I came here.  Normally use Goggle Chrome on XP OS to browse...(find Win10 OS, too clunky to use).   When I tried today, nothing looked right, page layout wasn't same,  login didn't work, and came back when tried saying "not secure", never could long in (hadn't logged out as of last visit).... Had that both on my XP and 10 window machines...

Just came in via Firefox/Monzilla browser on the XP machine >>> site looked "normal"...logon worked as before....

Something changed?  Can you get it fixed so Chrome works?

(Saw something recently with my MG site...but it happened with Chrome only on XP, not on 10....they had redone site for "security"...made it un-useable.   Issue was between operating systems on Chrome, not what I see now on KFClub.com....happened on both OSs.)

If so, sure hope you can get the Chrome version working properly, as before....

I use Chrome as my bookmarks from Explorer were able to be imported to chrome, Monzilla couldn't take them... have tons of stuff marked, so Chrome won the choice...  Now, don't want to try to recreate from scratch to change browser, or machines...just to come to a few sites... (Really is sorry technology that can't allow upgrades/compatibility---backward, forward, sideways....  Tooooo typical in today's "advanced" world!!!  Just like do it yourself machines only in checkout, yet can't do cash....this is progress???)

If not possible to "fix", doubt I'll be coming back as often...if at all in future...a true loss...sad.

Funny deal, is if you reply here, likely won't get the word.... 

Meanwhile the 54 Manhattan still retains it's original 6V, +ground..runs.... unaffected by change...

Technology rules/limits, the roost?  Leaving some more out...

Not acceptable to a professional engineer...or most everyone... well, except, some myopic geeks...

Bob L.

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What happened?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 05:20:22 PM »
Bob,

It works fine for me in Google Chrome. But, a while back I did have to update the url that my bookmark pointed to. Try this:  https://kfclub.com/forum/
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 09:07:56 AM »
What happened? We switched to a new program platform.
For best viewing, please go to www.kfclubmembers.com and click the FORUM link, then reset your bookmark.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 09:48:13 PM »
Well, took a while to finally get to point of finding the last reply....did the change for site location (added  "members" part).  Now, appears all back working...  Chrome on both XP and 10 systems...

Did this change/instruction/info appear anyplace in club's printed newsletters?   Sure don't recall seeing.   Could have made life much simpler to sort out and find answer. 

At least, I'm back to having my member access able to work...not feeling left out....as before.

Thanks.

Bob L.