Author Topic: kaiser vs57 supercharger value? need to sell it  (Read 3364 times)

cropbc

• View Profile
    • Email
kaiser vs57 supercharger value? need to sell it
« on: September 27, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »
i have recently gotten a kaiser supercharger. I was going to use it for a project but now going a differant route and would like to part with it. I have seen lots of variant "asking" prices, but what is a reasonable value? sorry if anything is incorrect, i am a new member.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: kaiser vs57 supercharger value? need to sell it
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »
The KF VS57 is used in conjunction with a mount bracket that has a spring loaded tension arm and pulley attached. Is this present on your unit? Also, there's a special carb and enclosure, as well as a unique harmonic balancer assembly. If you have everything, as well as the air cleaner and special Carter fuel pump that was used on the 54-5 cars, and the S/C is in working order, they can command several hundred dollars. If all you have is just the blower unit, perhaps $250, give or take a few bucks. Units that are stuck will require a rebuild kit that runs about the same. Having one professionally rebuilt, the last I checked, ran about $750.

There is a VS57 on ebay right now and it's priced at $2000. The seller is overpriced by a factor of about 10.

cropbc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: kaiser vs57 supercharger value? need to sell it
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:30:14 PM »
thanks alot, I believe i will hold onto it for awhile. All i have is the blower unit with the idler arm/spring along with the mounting bracket. Don't have anything else. Yes, i know the guy with the one on ebay, he is who i got mine from.Thanks again