Author Topic: 1953 Kaiser literature  (Read 2041 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
1953 Kaiser literature
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
In 1953 Kaiser offered colored illustrated letters that could be ordered with the dealers name at the bottom for mailing out to prospects.  Two were for Henry J "..the longest ride per gallon!" and "Rugged as a penny".  One for Henry J and Kaiser "More... than meets the eye!"  and at least two for the Kaisers.  "This Will Last!" and "The World's Safest Front Seat"  These were very attractive mailers.  Did they offer any others or for any other year?  Thanks
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
Re: 1953 Kaiser literature
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:49:01 PM »
Gordie I don't know if any of these letters were in the stuff you picked up here or not. I do have some duplicates around here somewhere. At one time Larry Barker had a variety of them (multiple copies) that he was selling/trading. My first ones were given to me by Bonnie Carey. I think Steve had picked up a supply at an old dealership. These letters are very well done from a graphics standpoint. A couple at least were used in early Quartilies but in b/w which for sure does not convey the full impact.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:34:29 AM »
There are two batches of the letters you refer to.  During the 1951 model year sales drives, Kaiser-Frazer Sales Corporation rolled out the program & brought it back in 1953.  The company contracted with an sales stimulator company to do these and dealers could order the materials with their name already imprinted as shown in the 1951's (along the bottom edge & at points in the letter body).
The ones I have are:

1951                                                                                              1953
High-Powered Pride of Willow Run                                                        This Will Last!
Take off the Blinders                                                                         The World's Safest Front Seat
Who Wouldn't Be Cozy?                                                                      More than meets the eye! (Kaiser & HJ shown)
If you could see our file                                                                      Rugged as a Penny (HJ)
Let's ask ....(letter to the dealer requesting feedback)                             The Longest Ride per gallon (HJ)
ALL KAISER                                                                                       THE FIRST 2 ARE KAISER ONLY

1951's are b/w photocopies personalized for Maple City Motors; 1953's are originals in color with no dealer reference.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:46:14 AM »
Thanks guys, I seem to have all of the 1953's but the 1951's must be scarce and I will look for them.  I believe that the ones without dealer names were probably samples sent out to the dealers with ordering instructions.  It is amazing how many different items were available to the dealers through the K-F years and it is a real challenge to try to collect them all.  Ben Walker has most of the sales literature illustrated on his website.  I really appreciate your input.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:31:57 PM »
Jack are those 1951 letters b/w or color in the originals?
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 04:24:36 AM »
The originals are in color.  The ones I have were photocopied (it was some years ago) from a club member who was given the remaining paperwork from Maple City Motors in Goshen Indiana.  He was willing to loan me items to make copies of.  They are of the same format as the 1953 items and from the same outside marketing company.  Watch for more on this in the January 2011 issue of the Monthly Bulletin.