Author Topic: AUCTION  (Read 1754 times)

carsngolf

• View Profile
    • Email
AUCTION
« on: January 03, 2012, 06:20:38 PM »
I just got an email from http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=5542&aid=47584&lid=12219148#
I have no information on the company, the car collection or anything else.  I only offer it to members as a POSSIBLE bargain for a "'51 Kaiser".  The information is so limited as to be nearly non-existent and the car is in Minnesota or South Dakota.  Extremely vague.  The poor photos show a grill which looks more like a '52 or '53.  Damn little else.  Personally, I have no interest as I have zero room available but if it is a real car and all is legitimate. it might be picked up for well under $1K.
Some members who are located in that area might find it worthwhile to check out but why an auction would be held in that part of the country in January is beyond imagining.
Kind Regards,
Jerry Weiland

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: AUCTION
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 02:10:32 PM »
I appears to be a 51 4 door Special from the organization of the serial number--the number quoted would fit right into the series for 51 4 door Specials, I mean. This number is not on the registry, so a possible 'new' Kaiser. I like it. I doubt that the reserve is anything low though, so $1000 is just a dream I'd say.

I don't care for anything else except that 58 Vauxhall. I sure would love to have a Victor again--I learned to drive on my mother's aged 1960 Victor Super when I was 14. Very similar to that, except park lights were a bit different.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »
Funny that Jim should mention the F series Vauxhall Victor.  I owned a 1961 Victor FB Super sedan with leather upholstery and license plate 763 BFJ. I drove it during the 1980's while in England.  It was a nice little car to drive, when you compared it with things like the old Morris Minor, Hilman Minx and Ford Zodiac sedans.  The OHV 4 was a good engine, and the transmission shifted OK.  Wish I could have shipped the car back over to the USA but American DOT would not allow it; the Windshield was not the correct type safety glass that was used on the Victors exported to America and sold here by Pontiac dealers (this was before the Tempest entered production). 

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »
Oh, you had one of the really nice ones! The leather seats, gold anodized trim touches, extremely fancy hubcaps, and two-toning etc on the FB Victors was only available in North America up to 1958? I believe.  Somewhere I have brochures. My granddad also had concurrently a top of the line 1961 English Ford Zodiac 6 with everything except the automatic transmission. THAT was a lovely car, and a rear nice highway traveller--not quite as nice as a Humber, but close. (I used to watch Z cars) Nowadays, I'd prefer the Humber even with only the Detroit Gear automatic transmission available in North America which was set up ever odder than the Studebaker version.

Can you guess my mother and her parents were English immigrants? We had an awful lot of English cars...(bloody awful)
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard