Author Topic: 1954 aero for sale  (Read 3149 times)

foxwillys@grics.net

• View Profile
1954 aero for sale
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »
    i need to sell my 1954 aero ace deluxe 4dr. many extra parts and books and banners to go with. has won many kfoci tropheys as well as other meets. pictures available.

r.c.fox
       dixon il.    #3176   foxwillys@grics.net
                                  815 288 4556

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1954 aero for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:38:40 AM »
I have to ask; Is this the Willys that generously supplied my '53 Henry J with a jump start in Chicago Heights on the way to Auburn in 2004?  If so, it's a great car and you've had it a long time. One of the best I've seen.  Wish I had a place for it and the cash to purchase it. 
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

foxwillys@grics.net

• View Profile
battery boost
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »
 hello, yes that was the willys that came to the aid of a fellow traveler in a vey nice vintage car.  i allways say it takes one to know one.   ha:   it is still in the same shape as it was then. thanks for your picking up on that.  we are older and not as able to get around as before.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1954 aero for sale
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »
Not to take this too far off track but yes, it was a stroke of luck that you happened to be there at the same time. I found out a year later that the root of the problem was my voltage regulator was only putting out 5.9 volts. Not enough to fully charge the battery over time but not low enough to make the AMP light come on.  Yes, I still have that car and I'd like to think it's in better shape now. I had it judged at Auburn and learned a few things about what it needed and had some lucky finds too so I've made a number of upgrades. Haven't had a chance to get it to a meet again. Other than the battery going dead, the trip to Auburn and back to Mpls was trouble free. The new battery we bought at NAPA in Chicago Heights got us there and back and worked fine for the rest of the '04 driving season but when it went dead again in the spring of '05 I checked the charging system and that's when I found the problem.  A new voltage regulator took care of it.
Your Willys is one of the nicest ones out there. I believe you had it here in Mpls for that big divisional meet back in '76 and it is pictured in the book "Dinosaur Cars" which was published here. My Henry  J is pictured in that book too as well as a lot of KF products that were at that meet. 

Anyway folks, this is one very nice Willys Aero for sale and I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. I hope the car will find a nice home and a dedicated owner. It deserves one that's for sure.

I took a photo of it at Hoffman Estates in May 2004. It is this one correct?

U
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:36:46 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios