Author Topic: 1949 Kaiser/Frazer Taxi Cab?  (Read 1612 times)

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
1949 Kaiser/Frazer Taxi Cab?
« on: April 19, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
Does anyone in the club own or know someone who owns a Kaiser Taxi Cab? I think that fleet vehicles such as these are very interesting. It would be very neat to see a true Kasier taxi complete with the meter and sign and appropriate interior.

I found these "factory" photos on ebay, and it intrigued me.

more here : http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=1949+Kaiser+Taxi+Cab&_sacat=0&_odkw=Zoom+Enlarge+1949+Kaiser+Taxi+Cab&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I wonder if there were any other improvements made besides cosmetically, such as softer ride, more sound deadening, etc.

Does anyone have information regarding these vehicles?
- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
Re: 1949 Kaiser/Frazer Taxi Cab?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:41:41 PM »
Most of the pics that Walter Miller is selling on ebay are of course 48 models. As far as I am aware the factory did not offer a taxi model as such until 1949--the sales item depicts it. Of course that did not stop KF from promoting the earlier cars to be used as taxis etc and pics show up in the various issues of Dealer News of them in such use.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 1949 Kaiser/Frazer Taxi Cab?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:51:11 PM »
Many moons ago I stopped at a scrap yard on the west side of town and there sat a 48K taxi. It was grey and white and had the taximeter, roof light, leather rear seat and most of the rest of the taxi related items. I bought the car for $175 and stripped what I could from it. As we tried to move it, the car broke into two pieces so the yard owner gave me my money back and crushed the remains. I look back and thought that I should have taken the trim tag and whatever else I could have to prove it's existence. I think I have a pic or two somewhere...