Author Topic: water distribution tube  (Read 1297 times)

stroker70

• View Profile
    • Email
water distribution tube
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:37:09 PM »
I was at an open house event at Vintage Coach in Fontana Ca today They specialize in Hudson cars but work on any pre 1980 car. I have a Hudson Hornet so I visit them from time to time. A couple of the guys there are familiar with the continental engine. One of them has a 1941 Graham Hollywood and they know I have a Dragon. They told me that prior to Kaiser Frazer buying the Continental engine and making changes, they had a water distribution tube installed in the block that helped cool the exhaust valve seats and reduced the chance of cracking. They said that someone from the Graham club may have reproduced them and it would be a good thing to add one to my 226. Anyone here know about this or have an opinion?

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: water distribution tube
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »
The prewar Graham engine internals differ slightly from that of the postwar 226. From '37 thru '41, the engine varied from 199 to 216 cubic inches and as a result, most parts do not interchange. I know Chrysler used a water distribution tube that today haunts owners because they rot and cause alot of blockage. I am not aware of Graham using a tube and a quick look thru one of my Graham parts books didn't reveal one there either.

stroker70

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: water distribution tube
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »
Thank you Joe, I appreciate you looking it up for me.