Author Topic: NOS Skirts  (Read 2234 times)

KWZ

• View Profile
    • Email
'48 Kaiser Special
'49 Kaiser Virginian
'51 Frazer Manhattan convertible

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NOS Skirts
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »
Well I know this is a rare desirable item but in my opinion he can keep it at $400. That would be, what, $800 plus shipping for 2 fender skirts?!  Since he has other KF stuff I hope I am not offending a club member/forum poster.  I've been down this road before with other makes "rare" parts.  I've never been a fender skirt fan so it's not an issue with me.  These (fender skirts) are what some refer to as "jewelry".  A car will look perfectly presentable without it.  I sure would like to stamp out a few dozen sets of them to make them affordable to anyone who wanted one. 
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:57:49 PM »
The skirts on ebay are indeed rare items. Only the convertibles, Virginian hardtops and some Vagabonds got them from new. It seems that most have disappeared from original cars making NOS or very good used ones very scarce. A decent set with the trim can easily command $1000 or more...and I've personally witnessed that happen at recent national meets. So, if you're looking for skirts and have the bucks to spend, you won't lose money.

It is important to note, however, that there is an installation kit that needs to be installed on the car body to take the skirts. I have the mounting instructions and it details the items needed...all of which can be fabricated by anyone with shop tools.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 07:08:47 PM »
I remember my father found an NOS set of those skirts at a former KF dealer in Red Oak, IA in the early 70s. He gave the dealer $60 for all the parts he had and those skirts got him his money back right away. They too did not have have the stainless trim so I don't know how the buy dealt with that issue... of course they're so rare, these could be the same ones!
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
This is interesting.  Parts & Accessories Bulletin #112 (dealer series) dated 8/24/49 indicates that mouldings and attaching parts for the moldings were offered separately under part # 100107.  The attaching parts in 100106 appear to be only what was needed to put the skirt on the car.   The bulletin also states that the only molding offered (p/n 100107) was for the Kaiser Deluxe and Vagabond models.  Skirt moldings for any Frazer model and for the Kaiser Specials would not be available.  And, as the photo and description indicates the skirts are in primer;  you will have to match the shade of the paint color or the skirts will stick out

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »
I am still trying to get my Virginian delivered from an eccentric seller. I have photos but not in front of me. IF the skirts are in the trunk, then I will offer them for trade or sale on this forum. I don't think they are on the car.
No old cars owned.

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 02:21:35 PM »
Thats Char Dayton and hubby selling that. They do have some nice rare odd bits (from personal visiting experience)
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard