Author Topic: SMS VINYL  (Read 1128 times)

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
SMS VINYL
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »
I have had an order into SMS for the past 4 months with repeated false promises of delivery date.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SMS VINYL
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »
Terry,

I had the same problem with SMS as you are experiencing now. I had them produce my Henry J Headliner and re-cover my inside sunvisors. I asked them after I approved the material how soon they could have it done. I told them several times that I was not in a HURRY. They said that they could easily produce in 4 week. I called them about that time and they had to look into it. Never got a call back. I called them and they said that it would be another two week.  Then about then I called and they said "I think it is ready to ship, since they paperwork is not here (in the office). I called again in two days. The person was not in and the new person was kind enough to put me on hold and ran the project down. That person finally knew something. She told me that the company they outsouce the sunvisor sewing to, had finally shipped them to SMS and they would get them all items right out. What was to be a 1 month turn-around turned into 3 months. Do not get me wrong, SMS produced a spot on material for me and I will go back to them again. I will seriously pad any lead-time they give me and then double that. "Good things come to those who wait!"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:03:05 PM by AZ_HJ »
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 01:34:36 PM »
SMS has this reputation but I know they have good materials.  This is one of those deals where 'where else are going to turn'?

Frustrating but we can't ruin that relationship.  Getting waiting time information to the membership though allows us to understand this going in. LOTS of retailers don't want to say the product or service isn't in yet or available, so they tell the customer something "nice".
No old cars owned.

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »
It could be worse, all things considered. SMS does appear to get things 'right' down to very small details virtually all of the time, even if sometimes a bit tardy. There was a notable supplier of things Studebaker whose products were the ne plus ultra platinum standard for Concours style judging--either factory original, or his--no difference.... BUT sometimes they was a delay of up to 18 months...

Just saying.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard