Author Topic: Oil Filter Cross References Information requested.  (Read 3281 times)

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Oil Filter Cross References Information requested.
« on: October 27, 2011, 03:27:03 PM »
To all and any KF nuts.

Does anyone have information on Oil Filter Element Cross References for the Henry J?

To the best of my knowledge the element was Purolator P-70FF. Does anyone know what other manufactures had equivalents to it and if so, who and what was their Part Numbers? WIX, Fram, etc., I know made Oil Filter Elements as well.

Look forward to your replies.

Mark

P.S. The weather is now getting GREAT here in Phoenix.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:29:02 PM by AZ_HJ »
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Oil Filter Cross References Information requested.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 03:46:56 PM »
Fram C3 or C3P.
goto Tractor Supply--they have plenty--same as Ford 8N filter.

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
My local Carquest parts store had a cross reference for a Purolator P70 which was the cartridge that came in my oil filter kit.
Don Holt #10019
1951 Henry J Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:53:25 AM »
Kaiser-Frazer offered 2 versions of the accessory kit for oil filters.  One was the Purolator, the other a Fram.  Fram C-3 works with the Fram kit, but not the Purolator; there is a physical size different on the elements.

I have a 1989 issue AC filter cross reference catalog (and it is a bit on the thick side) that shows dozens of cross-references for different brands of equivilent filters for either Fram or Purolator versions.  Your best bet today is to go and ask for a replacement element filter as used for 1950's Plymouth or Dodge 6 cylinder engines (Purolator).  Be advised that the Plymouth also used the type 1/2 replacement canister type filter (also the assembly line-installed filter for 1951-55 Kaisers).

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 06:26:44 PM »
Here is what is on my 53, Kralinator, K770. Henry
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=h

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »
KFOCI HANDBOOK Version 5.0 has an oil filter cross reference for the P70-FF (Kaiser, Frazer some HJ), Type 1/2 (factory installed on 1951-55 Kaisers; dealers had memos from the factory about selling retail car customers the Purolator kit to save money on oil filter changes over time) and Fram C-3 (Henry J, Willys).  Note that the HJ oil filter came as a kit.  I have two, one of them having a Purolator holder, the other a Fram holder and both are under the same part number (for 6 cylinder). 

I do not know about release.  KFOCI President Mike Knittel indicated last fall that the Handbook update would go out in 2013 as a quarterly, and now says there will be no Quarterlies in 2013.