Author Topic: Kaiser Auction in Hartford South Dakota May 8  (Read 2309 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Kaiser Auction in Hartford South Dakota May 8
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »
All,

I know this has been brought up regarding the Vanderbrink Auction on May 8 in Hartford South Dakota. Is anybody else planning to attened or do you reveal that information in advance if you are intending to go?  ;D

I will be there and I want to bring a car home (or have it transported I mean) but I am looking for a good price. I prefer the Virginians.

Some have said they are too rough to purchase but I don't have much money so these cars are entry level to me. Just wondering if anyone else is planning on going?

Bryan Moran
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Kaiser Auction in Hartford South Dakota May 8
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »
I'd like to attend but the 1800 mile round trip is just too much given that I am committed to three other car meets within a month of the auction. I spoke to Yvette and got more detail on some of the cars...in a nutshell, the 53K is a runner and the rest need lots of TLC. I've called around to a few transport companies that Venderbrink uses and shipping a car costs about a buck a mile so you'll need to add that into the cost of whatever is purchased.
Still, I may call in a bid or two and with any luck, I'll own yet another car...

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:39:01 AM »
I want one of the Virginians and as a back up, a Traveler. I have located a rough 49 Virginian in Minnesota that I am sure everyone on here is familiar with - for $700. I think all Virginians need saved. I can not afford a convertible so the Virginian gives me my best shot at what I think was the best iteration of the 1st styling run, although I would love to have a 49 Manhattan, love the grille.

Well don't bid me up too high on a Virginian! Seriously though, transport has been an issue with me recently as I restocked my Buicks. Yes, it's about $1 per loaded mile. I passed on a 38 Buick in Oregon because transport was as much as cost of the vehicle.

These cars are a little over 300 miles away from me. I'll do my best but I need a bargain too. I will try to unload one of my Buick to make room, but the auction is fast approaching.

I just figured all the K-F geeks would show up at the auction but there seems to be a never ending supply of worn out restorable K-F cars.
No old cars owned.

jerussel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
What year, model of Buick and do you have pics?
jerussel@msn.com

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
Nothing too old. 1950 Buick Roadmaster 2 door hardtop #5 condition. 1966 Skylark GS #5 condition, 1972 Centurion 2 dr HT  #5 condition, 1973 Centurion 2 door hardtop W code, 1988 LeSabre T Type #5.

So it's all junk, needing restored. I originally wanted to get 4-5 1946 to 1949 American cars including the Virginian but ended up getting newer cars.
No old cars owned.