Author Topic: Wiring harness  (Read 1752 times)

Restoredent

• View Profile
Wiring harness
« on: April 06, 2013, 07:55:36 PM »
In the 53 manhatten, are the wires for both the headlites, and the parking and turn signals bundled together in the same harness from the junction block, to where they separate to their respective lights, or are they separate.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wiring harness
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
Do you have the 1952-53 Kaiser Shop Manual Supplement...there is information on wiring with a correct wiring diagram in that supplement to the 1951 Kaiser and Frazer Shop Manual.

dpledger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 10:02:07 PM »
Yes-at least on my 53 Manhattan there are 5 wires (high beam headlight, low beam headlight, parking lights, Left turn signal, right turn signal) bundled together coming through a hole on the left side of the firewall that go forward to the junction block in front, where they diverge enough to reach their respective slots.  The bundling in this case is just electrical tape wrapped around the 5, but I believe that this is the original design.

Restoredent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:50:13 PM »
Yes I do have the 51 shop Manuel and the 53 supplement which shows the headlight and parking lights as separate wires, but it seems like they may have been harnessed together from the junction block to  the point where they separate to their respective grommets. Are they seperate or together?