Author Topic: Henry J Items needed..  (Read 2642 times)

51henryj

Henry J Items needed..
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:46:13 AM »
Hello,  Im looking for Henry J parts.. any one have an idea where to get all the window rubbers, or any of the rubber seals and gaskets .. ??  any one have Info on body measurements? like a crash sheet for getting the body square..?   thanks

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Henry J Items needed..
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:51:37 AM »
Rudy Phillips reproduces most rubber products for the  Henry J. Contact him at Rudy's KF Parts 2136 Walnut St. Ramona, CA. Phone 1-760-789-3608.  I also highly recomend getting a copy of his latest parts catalog. Lots of great stuff in there. I think he wants $2 for the catalog but I've ordered parts from him and asked for one and he's sent them to me.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »
KaiserBill Brown has some body repair stuff and he has a link showing steps in repairing floor--unfortunately the link to that reaches a message that says he is updating. Not sure what that means.

I have a Chiltin's Body and Frame manual from 1956 which covers the HJ. It does have a frame diagram with all the measurements etc. It's a big book so not easy to scan but I can try. It also has lots of diagrams of body panels but I don't see anything on measurements etc.

I do recall KaiserBill had an admonition about removing body from frame only after getting it configured to have correct alignment etc.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

51henryj

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:46:35 PM »
Well I Have learned something today.. Dont buy the Ebay ROCKERS panels for the Henry Js..  They dont Fit.. there not even close.. >:(

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »
There were posts on this forum stating this. It's too bad you didn't see them.  I know Kaiser Bill Brown makes them and they fit. Go to www.kaiserbill.com - I believe he has a write up on them too.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

51henryj

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »
Tah.. I bought these a year ago figuring that I would have all the pieces to make this all flow.. Not the case.. I have emailed the seller but.. no replies.. at least not yet anyways..  but thanks for the info.. Much appreciated..

54 Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »
There were posts on this forum stating this. It's too bad you didn't see them.  I know Kaiser Bill Brown makes them and they fit. Go to www.kaiserbill.com - I believe he has a write up on them too.

Kaiser Bill has a full write up about this guy on his web site. He tried to work WITH the guy to get his panels right (typical of Bills attitude, anything that helps the members and not worrying it might cut into his own sales.) and the guy wouldn't even listen to him. The same seller has floor pans and rockers for other Kaiser models as well and Bill says none of them fit properly.

It's buyer beware on repro parts on eBay. If they don't come from someone recommended by the club, be very careful.

51henryj

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 11:05:33 PM »
Hello,  Yah.. Your right .. as is where is on that site.. I should of at the time did a search first.. I have chatted with Bill since then.. I never knew he had access to proper parts though.. those rockers I got will be expensive scrap.. the innners will work with a lot of work..