Author Topic: what can be posted in the general discussion form  (Read 2751 times)

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
what can be posted in the general discussion form
« on: November 29, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
Quite often people post non KF things and get some kind of comments about it. So my question is "IS the general discussion form only about KF cars or is it an open form"? Most sites which have general discussion forms are open to whatever. If not open then there should be a place to put non KF car things(for want of a better name), as many of us have many different brands of cars etc. This is not to say it becomes a free for all for whatever, but can be monitored and kept under control. I also do not agree that a time period be put on posts that have not been responded to as some members may not look at the site for days. Merry Christmas to all. Henry.
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=h

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: what can be posted in the general discussion form
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »
A lot of other clubs that are car specific will not allow anything posted that is not related to what they cover. 

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 10:35:10 PM »
I asked a question about a Chrysler in the general chat forum last year because I don't know of a Chrysler forum and I have friends on here with a lot of knowledge. I got the answer I needed and I appreciate that. People outside this organization read these posts so out of respect for that I updated my past posts on the other thread.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:56:46 PM »
A lot of other clubs that are car specific will not allow anything posted that is not related to what they cover.

Is that a no to posting about non K/F cars on here? You did not answer my question.
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »
This site works very well as is. I enjoy participating on it. If it ain't broke, don’t fix it. I do not have to open any post that does not interest me. Quite frankly a lot of the Kaiser posts fall into that category. The current discussion on hydromatics is a pertinent to me as a bicycle is to a fish.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 09:06:21 AM »
Jake, what is the relevance to your question of 2007? Look at my profile. And what does how long I've been a member have to do with my questions?

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
Speaking personally...and not as a club officer...I have no problems with the occasional non-KF post on our forum. After all, there are, and were, vehicles being manufactured that are not Kaiser, Frazer, or Willys branded! In my opinion a little cross-pollination can be a good thing.

Hollenway

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »
Amen Joe ....... and while we're talking about being a little MORE tolerant - it might be beneficial to see a little more civility and understanding from participants on the forum.  When new members ask a question -  it's not necessary for someone to go into attack mode,  as I all too often see on these pages.   People ask questions because they are seeking answers and they join clubs to enrich their old car owning experience.  Let's not dampen their interest in the K/F line by being a jerk on a keyboard. 

retired wrench

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »

Sadly on any forum you find those who are more interested in being superior or right as opposed to being helpful.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 07:04:03 PM »
I checked my 2007 Rooster. I do not see any one in Woodlawn, ON.

Are you still a Kaiser Member?? or a new member?

The 2007 roster is 6+ years old ... Henry is listed in the 2013 roster sent last month.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »
I have always appreciated the many suggestions and answers I've received to my questions.  It helped me find a bad coil, adjust carburetor, take out door handles, etc., etc.  I don't currently own other hobby cars (not even a Kaiser now that I sold my Dragon!), but I don't take offense to people occasionally asking things only tangentially related, like, for example, when someone asked members to identify a certain part, and it turned out not be KF.  I see no problem with that, and agree with corsairdeluxe: if it ain't broke don't fix it.  That doesn't mean let's start a Chevy forum or something, but it seems to be working pretty well as is.