Author Topic: new to the group  (Read 2376 times)

rdburpo

• View Profile
    • Email
new to the group
« on: July 18, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
ok well after waiting for 3 months to get approved to this group im finally in. lol. i did some tradin and wound up with a 53 manhattan. the body and interior is all original but the drive train has been swapped for a chevy v8, 327. its a very clean car i was out puttin around and the rearend locked up on me. and come to find out when i tore it down it didnt have any fluid in it so now im puttin bearngs in the thing. what a pain to get apart too. now here is the question the pinion might need to be replaced. now it has the original rearend in it so where can i get a new pinion if i need it. im in vegas, so i will be putting air in it too so if there is any kits made for these cars please let me know.

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: new to the group
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 09:51:56 AM »
You might try this source:

ZEUG'S KAISER-FRAZER, HENRY J & KAISER-DARRIN PARTS            
           13202 VILLAGE 13, CAMARILLO, CA 93012            

PART#   DESCRIPTION              QTY     YEAR/MAKE   Price EA
P/N 202052   REAR AXLE GEAR & PINION KIT   2    NOS   47-55 KAISER-FRAZER   75.00
DESCRIPTION:REAR AXLE GEAR & PINION KIT
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 09:56:14 AM »
You might try this source:

ZEUG'S KAISER-FRAZER, HENRY J & KAISER-DARRIN PARTS           
           13202 VILLAGE 13, CAMARILLO, CA 93012           

P/N 202052
DESCRIPTION:  REAR AXLE GEAR & PINION KIT
Qty Available: 2 each
COND: NOS
YEAR/MAKE: 47 - 55 Kaiser- Frazer
Price: $75.00 each

EMAIL ADDRESS: zeugskfparts@roadrunner.com

(15% FOR SHIPPING, $5.00 MINIMUM. PERSONAL CHECKS OK. MAKE OUT TO TERRY ZEUG)            

His prices are normally a tad higher than other KF parts suppliers, but he has stock of items that can be hard to locate at times.
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 11:39:33 AM »
You would also need to note which rear axle ratio it has or needs. The cars that were originally equipped with Hydramatic used a different ratio than those that had overdrive and those with just a 3 speed. There should be a tag on one of the bolts that indicates the ratio. It will say 41/9 or 47/11 or something like that. Keep in mind that since the engine was changed, it may not be an original Kaiser rearend or if it is, it may not be the best one to use. There are others on here that have done similar modifications so you may want to ask around before starting the work.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios