Author Topic: It's alive  (Read 1557 times)

kelgar50

• View Profile
    • Email
It's alive
« on: February 12, 2015, 09:10:13 PM »
It has been a while since I have posted anything but I finally made some progress. So in the past few months while dealing with work and family and trying to squeeze in some Kaiser time I have started on it again. I have taken the head off and had it checked it was pretty warped so they shaved it a little, New head gasket,New plugs wires and a pertronix module I'm the dizzy, picked up a Carter WA1 carb for it and fuel pump. And today I got it to fire up no knocking or odd sounds. The only problem I have is if I let go of the start button it will die if I hold the starter button and work the throttle it stays running.
Here is a video.
http://youtu.be/IzCJBKikTUw

kelgar50

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's alive
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 09:59:21 PM »
It should work now I had the video set to private.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 10:01:55 PM »
It works and the engine sounds great. The issue with the starter button is probably due to wiring under the dash. The start circuit is tied to the dash push button and when they fail, your symptom results.

kelgar50

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
I have a new ignition switch I'm going to wire up tomorrow and try that. I was just happy to not hear any odd sounds. Also tomorrow I'm going to start plumbing the fuel pump to carb and see about running some to the tank. Hopefully I can get the mounts made for the radiator and install that this weekend.

kelgar50

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 10:18:29 PM »
Me and the car are in California.

kelgar50

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 10:50:44 PM »
I got it, I installed a new ignition switch  and it fires up and will rev up and idle now.
Thanks guys.

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 09:21:18 AM »
? Curious since I had problems with a '51 Frazer keeping it running before I shut down the restoration....does not keeping the starter button depressed keep the starter motor turning?  I actually wired around the original defunct starter button with a new one.
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan