Author Topic: Just Riddance to "rotisserie" Restored Henry j.  (Read 1102 times)

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Just Riddance to "rotisserie" Restored Henry j.
« on: June 22, 2015, 05:41:41 PM »
This car sat on the floor of street side classics for over a year at $15,000. It is a disaster. The pictures are good but hide some very troubling things. It has changed hands 4 times. Each time to a speculator.

http://motostalgia.com/car-detail/?car=IBY15-1953-Kaiser-HenryJ-&vin=355066

I was lured into driving all the way to Atlanta to see it. I nearly threw up at the cheapness it had received. The inside door and window handles had been wire brushed and painted with aluminum paint instead of chromed. The vent window and window channels had been sanded and painted black. All the knobs were weathered and cracked and painted black. The new upholstery had been installed with almost no padding. No water shield plastic had been placed between the newly redone door panels and the door. Each time it had been washed the water wet the back of the panels and they were delaminating. It had a glasspack muffler. A Henry J 4 cyl with a  glasspack at idle is not a pretty sound. The paint was so thin on the right rear fender ,you could see the original dark color grinning through. I could keep going ,but I think I best stop

This is an example of what a car "restored" for resale can be and why you can not trust photos.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:47:24 PM by Corsairdeluxe »
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just Riddance to "rotisserie" Restored Henry j.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 06:52:17 PM »
A lot mistakes in the description too

Decoded: K=Kaiser; 53=1953 model year; 3=Henry J;
We all know that 3=Standard, four cylinder model

also
3-Speed Push-button Automatic Transmission
What???

Designer: Howard “Dutch” Darrin
Other than the dip in the fender line, it was not Darrin who designed it.

Oh well...  never trust an internet ad from a dealer.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios