Author Topic: Wanted: 54 Manhattan air vent knobs  (Read 801 times)

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
Wanted: 54 Manhattan air vent knobs
« on: June 07, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »
Have a 54 Manhattan, the 3 air/vent levers on the left side of the dash have plastic knobs on them.  Mine are in not so good shape, would like to find NOS, like new/used, or repops to replace them.  They are plastic, sort of an ivory color, pear shaped, with a vertical slot in back to slide over each lever... all 3 look to be the same.

Drop me a note/PM, if you have something that might work for this, price/etc would be good.

Also, would like to find a nice lower tail light lense on right side.  have one, but it's showing it's age with cracks..

Thanks.

Bob L.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:04:30 PM by Bob L. »

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Wanted: 54 Manhattan air vent knobs
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 06:26:58 PM »
Your car should have black round plastic knobs with a round chromed insert in it. I've attached a picture of a 54 Manhattan dash. Knobs are available from a KF parts vendor - his name is Rudy Phillips and here's a link to his catalog. It's the 2012 version so it's best to contact him first be sure he has what you need.

http://circlekf.com/kflit/PM/vendor/Rudy%2010%20Catalog.pdf

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanted: 54 Manhattan air vent knobs
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »
Appreciate the reply.  However, the knobs that were on my car, sure appear different, and look "factory"... attached pictures, show mine today.  These are about 1 1/2" long, 1" dia on big end, 1/2" on small, with some concentric groves in tops.  As you can see, the plastic has "rotted" with age.

Did check the referenced parts site.  2012 listing was about $30 each,  didn't call to ask for current costs.

Would like to keep them similar to ones that came off, if possible.   Think the color/shape look better (more "modern/period") than the round black ones.  So, still looking.....hoping.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Bob L.