Author Topic: 54 Kaiser Manhattan  (Read 1581 times)

Mr Manhattan

• View Profile
    • Email
54 Kaiser Manhattan
« on: January 22, 2016, 02:22:36 AM »

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 54 Kaiser Manhattan
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:29:50 PM »
It says Color: custom.  Does that take away from its value points in shows, as well as the V-8? (although I like both)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »
It's been removed by the seller.  And to answer the other questions, having a v-8, and custom paint and/or interior makes it not so desirable for the typical old car owner serious about his or her vehicles (especially as investments) as a rule.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »
It's been removed by the seller.  And to answer the other questions, having a v-8, and custom paint and/or interior makes it not so desirable for the typical old car owner serious about his or her vehicles (especially as investments) as a rule.

But modifed cars sell higher than stock cars. A nicely done Kaiser with a 350/auto and modern brakes is more desirable to someone just looking for an interesting cruiser. There are more of those people than there are purists like you and me, Jack. And they are willing to spend more for a regular driver than a Sunday driver. And on top of all that, the next generation of car collectors won't be interested in our cars to the extent we are. They'll be looking for cars with blue-tooth capability, self parking, gps and other lazy people conveniences.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 10:31:57 AM »
Rick

There was an awesome Kaiser hot rod at this year's Good Guys Heartland Nationals at the Iowa State Fair grounds in Des Moines, Iowa. I took a few photos of it and I will try to add later when I am on my home lap top. 

The last gen Kaisers are smooth, low, and the most important part - cheap.  Hot rodding is still a "me too" popularity contest and most of what I saw were tri five Chevy's and fat fendered 30's to 40's but a rusted old hulk of a tri five Chevy costs $3000 + while you can get a straight Kaiser for $1000 or less. 

The dashes actually favor the Kaisers, with the cleanness that rodders like. 
No old cars owned.