Author Topic: My '54 Willys is finally running!  (Read 4311 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
My '54 Willys is finally running!
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »
After several years of ownership it looks like I may be able to take it for a spin soon.  I bought it with the engine out of the car and with many parts missing but now the rebuilt engine is in and running and I cross my fingers that the Hydramatic will shift.  We put a seal kit in it and the big moment is near when we can take it off of the jack stands and try it out.  Willys cars did not survive as well as Kaisers and Frazers and we do not see them often enough.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
Re: My '54 Willys is finally running!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:21:12 AM »
Congratulations, Gordi!! I really like the Willys Aero's and think they have been underrated and over looked by many car guys.  They have many features that were only used on cars years later.  Will love seeing you tooling around in it!
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

vettelang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »
Congratulations on getting it running. I just bought VIN 297 Eagle Custom and figured I would start with the brakes on the chance that it will actually start ... then I need to do massive body work - only 1 dent, but lots of rust ...

Hope you don't nimd if I have the occasional Eagle specific question.

Thanks!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:45:23 PM »
Hey vettlang...did you buy your car off ebay? If so, I owned it's clone for several years...it's car #302. Same interior, exterior color and engine combo as the ebay car. When I bought mine the seller thought the engine was stuck. All it really needed was a water pump. I replaced it and and went thru the brakes and was driving the car the same day. I sold the car to a friend so I get to visit it whenever I want...but secretly, I'd like to have it back!

vettelang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »
Yes it was the Ebay car. Mostly all there except for a radio knob, windshield wiper arms / blades, heater duct and about 200 pounds of sheet metal ... the body is in rough shape. As you can tell by my user name my experience is with cars of the fiberglass persuasion ... boldly going where I have not been before.