Author Topic: Parting Out a 1954 Willys 685B Aero-Ace 4 Door (SE Michigan)  (Read 1163 times)

jneely

• View Profile
    • Email
Currently parting out a 1954 Aero Ace 4 door. Please inquire with your needs - I will be keeping some parts for my project, but have no use for the 54 or 4 door specific parts. Windshield and steering wheel shown are not for sale. Condition of the drivetrain is unknown for now. All 4 wheels are locked up. Body is rough, but I don't have a problem with cutting out patch panels if there's something you need and it's usable. Lots of trim, side glass, and some interior parts are in decent shape. I can send photos of anything you're particularly interested in.

I use PayPal and can ship. It may take me a few days to get to something, but I can usually get things off the car an in the mail within a week or so. Local pickup is certainly encouraged - I'm located 20 miles north of Ann Arbor and 30 miles west of Detroit.

Call or text Jess at 734 625-2723, or send me a PM.

Thank you
LM16094
Willys Aero-Eagles
And a few old Fords

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: Parting Out a 1954 Willys 685B Aero-Ace 4 Door (SE Michigan)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 01:06:29 PM »
If saveable, keep front suspension & steering, gas tank, curved glass, headlight and other switches. The car is an early '54 Ace, so it's basically a '53 Ace with some '54 trim hung on it.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

jneely

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »
Rick,

What makes you say it's an early 54 car? I'm not second guessing you, just trying to learn. It has the correct 54 only taillights, front shock orientation, bumper guards, stainless grille lip, hubcaps, headlight rings, dash, speedo, knobs and horn button. I also noticed that it has little terminal strips for the headlight wiring, on the inner fenders under the horns, that are different than my 53.

The only thing I felt might be out of place for a true 54 were fender badging and rubber door threshold covers, in lieu of aluminum. Perhaps that's it?

The other early 54 cars I've seen had 53 dashes. MarkH's car comes to mind.

Any help appreciated.
LM16094
Willys Aero-Eagles
And a few old Fords

mpc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 10:05:43 AM »
I am in need of a good hood or patch panels for the nose and front corners.  The car looks pretty rusty, so I'm guessing those parts of the hood will be bad like mine, but just in case. 

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:59:13 PM by mpc »
Member# 16191

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 01:56:14 PM »
The early '54's were reserialed '53's with '54 stuff hung on them - bumper guards, dashboard (except Larks), extra grille trim, head- & parklamp bezels. The 3-piece rear window is the telling item: "real" '54's had one-piece. Script placement changed as did interior trim. The interior on your car is identical to 1953 because it is a '53 interior. Trim code plates were 1953 codes. Front trunnions/suspension/steering were 1953, upgraded for the real 1954's.

See February 1990 Collectible Automobile for a sidebar article on the "January Aeros." The early '54's were released in January 1954 and the "real" '54's came out in March.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.