Author Topic: 51 Kaiser Deluxe knob  (Read 822 times)

Ukkaiser51

• View Profile
    • Email
51 Kaiser Deluxe knob
« on: December 07, 2018, 05:21:56 AM »
Hi all, attached is a photo of a knob i found in the glove box of my 51 Deluxe. Im assuming its the original from the transmission shift (Hydromatic) as the one fitted was just a black ball that wasnt correct. Would the stalk for the indicators of had the same size knob and are there any available as this one is completely missing. Thanks Richard

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 51 Kaiser Deluxe knob
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »
That is indeed a shift lever knob for a Kaiser with a Hydramatic. I found some images that should help clarify what you car had originally for a shift lever knob and signal light (indicator) lever knob (only partially visible in one of the pics.)  I have a '51 Kaiser Special with a 3 speed / overdrive and it has same signal light lever (stalk) knob as shown in these images.

As far as finding these parts, Rudy Phillips has reproduced a number of the tenite/pearlite knobs.  He usually runs a monthly ad in the KFOC Bulletin so if you have a copy check it.

Let us know if this is helpful.

1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Ukkaiser51

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 51 Kaiser Deluxe knob
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 11:41:22 AM »
Ahh thats great. I found it broken in the glove box. Good it was retained and not thrown away. Thanks for pics and Rudys site details. There was a second knob found, under the drivers seat. Is this from the turn signal stork or anywhere else on a Kaiser?