Author Topic: Look for owners car that matches these numbers  (Read 1085 times)

shart

• View Profile
    • Email
Look for owners car that matches these numbers
« on: February 14, 2019, 07:55:50 PM »
Hello,
I'm new here but not new to the collector car hobby. A good friend who was a WWII Vet left me some of the original purchase papers for his 1950 Frazer Manhattan convertible he bought in December 1949 in Kansas City MO. The car was traded in on a new 1953 Packard Caribbean in Kansas City MO. He kept the Packard until close to his death. Here are the numbers for the Frazer: FM806410, Serial 010707.  These are the only numbers I have. I have no paint color, photos or anything else. As a collector car enthusiast of 45-plus years I would very much like to find the owner of this car so I can reunite the paperwork with the car. That's my only goal. I realize that after this many years it's a long shot but maybe the car still exists. I won't throw out the paperwork and I won't donate it. I want to pair it to the car if the car is out there somewhere. Thanks much. Steve Hartwich, KCMO. If you have any clues post them here.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Look for owners car that matches these numbers
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »
Hope You Find The Current Owner. Any additional Paperwork a Plus.
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 12:31:32 AM »
You have posted your search in the wrong place....less than 25% of thge KFOCI membership are regular users of this service.  You would reach the current membership 100% (annual and life members) with a WANTED ad in the KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN.  Most of the people signed up for the forum are NOT club members.

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 08:35:34 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought you had to be a paid member to post ads in the Bulletin, something even a good Samaritan with no other interest in the club is not likely to do to pursue such a long shot...………..if I'm correct.

For such a rare model, maybe some member with the knowledge of how many (or few) are in the club could step up and possibly help this Samaritan AND a fellow club member.

Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 08:46:20 AM »
Hello,
I'm new here but not new to the collector car hobby. A good friend who was a WWII Vet left me some of the original purchase papers for his 1950 Frazer Manhattan convertible he bought in December 1949 in Kansas City MO. The car was traded in on a new 1953 Packard Caribbean in Kansas City MO. He kept the Packard until close to his death. Here are the numbers for the Frazer: FM806410, Serial 010707.  These are the only numbers I have. I have no paint color, photos or anything else. As a collector car enthusiast of 45-plus years I would very much like to find the owner of this car so I can reunite the paperwork with the car. That's my only goal. I realize that after this many years it's a long shot but maybe the car still exists. I won't throw out the paperwork and I won't donate it. I want to pair it to the car if the car is out there somewhere. Thanks much. Steve Hartwich, KCMO. If you have any clues post them here.

Hi Steve,

I think it's pretty cool that you're going out of your way to do this, I know I'd leap at the chance of original paperwork for my car. Like a previous post mentioned, the majority of the club members do not use this forum, however someone that does may know the other Frazer owners and spread the word.

Options with a much wider audience of active Frazer owners than this forum are the various Kaiser/Frazer FaceBook Groups. Joining is free and you can post your info and even photos.

Good Luck!
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 09:04:43 AM »
The full serial number is F506-01707. I believe the other number is the engine number which in some states was used to register vehicles.

This forum does reach a wide audience, some of whom are not members of the KFOCI but as was previously mentioned, there are members who do not frequent this site so an ad in the club's monthly newsletter might yield results. Non-members can post an ad but thee is a fee, a member can post an ad for you at no charge.

Our club registry does not contain your serial number, but that doesn't mean the car no longer exists.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:55:23 PM by joefrazer »

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 02:19:06 PM »
Hello,

If you send this to me by email today, along with your contact info (phone and/or email), I can run it in our March newsletter: Bulletin@kfclub.com.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

shart

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 06:36:37 PM »
Thank you everyone for your help and tips. I'm please I got so many replies so quickly. I've always felt original paperwork for a collector car has always been very important. I just sent the ad to Barbara Mueller.
I'm not on facebook but maybe someone will post it for me?? You can include my email: 65buicks@gmail.com     I may also have the original sales invoice but I haven't uncovered it. All of this came to me quite a few years ago when my friend, the original owner of the car was still alive. I will keep checking back to see what happens. Again, Thanks!

jake

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 08:35:44 PM »
Total production of four-door convertibles, including the 1950 Frazer Manhattan convertible, by K-F was 253.
EX- Member #7416 

NO Club.. 

Just a lone wolf..