Author Topic: Great News! Car & Driver Cites Kaiser Dragon as 1 of 10 Favorite Cars @ Concours  (Read 1825 times)

Geoff Hacker

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Guys..

Sorry I've been quiet these past 12 months but I've been busy with Kaiser "stuff" and more.  The new owner of my 1953 Kaiser Dragon had his car accepted at the Concours d'Elegance of America in Michigan (one of the best concours in the nation) and it just showed on the field last Sunday.  "Car & Driver" Magazine recognized it as one of the 10 favorite cars of the concours - not an easy achievement given the variety of high class cars at these events.  You can check out the attached image for more detail or the link for the "Car and Driver" website below (The Dragon is the fifth car in the photo gallery).  Here's the link:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g28540883/2019-concours-delegance-of-america-cars/?slide=5

Bringing the Kaiser and Frazer names to the forefront is what we've wanted to do and this is a great start in landing one of these cars on the field.  More is afoot at our base of operations for our company "Undiscovered Classics" in Tampa, Florida where we are known for rare and unusual cars and getting them known across the world.  We hope to help celebrate the Kaiser Frazer marque more in future years so that more folks young and old will enjoy the cars we do.

Best Regards

Geoff Hacker
Tampa, Florida
www.UndiscoveredClassics.com
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:33:29 PM by Geoff Hacker »

JFerriss

• View Profile
    • Email
Dang, missed the concourse this year. I only live about 2 hrs from it. Would like to have seen that Dragon. Great to see it was well received.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
There's actually more than one Concours d'Elegance show that takes place.  The 10,000 Lakes Concours dElegance took place in Excelsior, MN on Sunday. I was invited to bring Edgar Kaiser's Henry J and did so. It won "Outstanding in Class" for the "Specialty" class. Lots of great cars there and as Geoff alludes to, it is not easy to stand out in that crowd. It's great to hear that two KF cars were recognized in such events this past weekend.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 10:18:03 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

superk226

• View Profile
    • Email
The Dragon looks really nice but I noticed the bumper bullets that are on the front are rears. I wonder if the fronts are on the rear.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Let’s see if This Works ...

https://www.facebook.com/Hagerty/videos/378027656248161/

It Does Good. Some of You watch this on Sunday. Comments on Next Post...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 12:38:31 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Sorry Geoff I knew This Dragon but things didn’t Click.

The Narration was Good but Many Mad He Passed This Dragon after Showing The Muntz Jet. But You can slip when You Don’t Know the Connection. Why did They have another Jet someplace else in the Show ? May of been Modified ?  In Broadcasting I know  this can Trip You. He Paused Looking at the Dragon? Sometimes You don’t know Your Producer May be Saying Move On.

Later You will see John Groendyke  is a Good Friend of Our Local Club. I Think He had Six Wonderful Vehicle’s.

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
I have been invited (my Traveler, I am still restoring my Darrin) to the first Concours De Elegance in Las Vegas for October 25-28 after the person in charge, saw my car and my presentation at a show in April, where I won my class.   I will include pictures after the show.
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Besides the Muntz Jet, there was another interation of the car with the Kurtis name.  Could it have been 1 Muntz and 1 Kurtis at the show?

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
I have been invited (my Traveler, I am still restoring my Darrin) to the first Concours De Elegance in Las Vegas for October 25-28 after the person in charge, saw my car and my presentation at a show in April, where I won my class.   I will include pictures after the show.

That what We Like , Fun & Information Show Our Vehicle’s !!!

Geoff Hacker

• View Profile
    • Email
I posted a formal this story on our website today to help expand readership.  Here's the link:

https://www.undiscoveredclassics.com/kaisers-and-dragons-oh-my/car-driver-magazine-recognizes-kaiser-dragon-2019-concours-delegance-america/

Best,

Geoff

thej63

• View Profile
    • Email
My wife and I were invited to show our dragon at Hemming's concours event this coming september in New york. The invite was given during the AACA fall meet last year but we've sadly had to decline the event. We moved to florida a week after the fall meet and the dragon is still in storage in PA. We'll be traveling back to PA to bring it to Hershey again but it's just too much to work out getting the car to new york for a weekend only to come back again a month later to do it again.

1951 Kaiser Deluxe Golden Dragon - Arena Yellow (087)
AACA First JR - 2018