Author Topic: 1948 Frazer spwcial  (Read 802 times)

Esmith48

• View Profile
    • Email
1948 Frazer spwcial
« on: July 25, 2019, 04:13:50 AM »
My son and I purchased a 1948 special and have a couple questions  .
First is what options are there for hood spring  replacement this car was missing the springs and I'm having trouble finding any specs on them . And my second is the interior window garnish what years are the same I am also missing the 4 of them .
Thanks for time
Eric Smith

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1948 Frazer spwcial
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 07:54:03 AM »
First and foremost, what you actually have needs to be determined.  There was no such car as the FRAZER special.  There was the Kaiser Special and the standard Frazzer sedan in 1948.  What is the serial number of the car on the aluminum serial number plate located on forward side of the door sill?  The number will start out with a 3 character (1 alphabet letter and 2 numbers).  F485 is a standard Frazer, F486 is a Frazer Manhattan (the dressed up Frazer automobile).  K481 is a Kaiser Special and K482 is the Kaiser Custom (dressed up version of the Special).

Shown here are pictures of the front ends of the 2 makes.   44.jpg is a Frazer and 15 is a Kaiser.

PS:  Being a member of the Forum is not the same as being a member of the Kaiser-Frazer Owners Club International...you do not get club publications (the QUARTERLY magazine items and the Monthly Bulletin). 

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 11:20:42 AM »
The bottom picture is actually the first production Kaiser being delivered to Henry Kaiser and Joseph Frazer at the Detroit train station in 1946.  The '48 kaisers had different grills and bumpers but look similar for identification purposes between a Kaiser or Frazer.  Inside garnish moldings should interchange between '47-'50 Kaisers and Frazers.  Try one of our K-F member suppliers for the hood springs and door garnish moldings.  Congratulations on choosing a K-F product for a dependable fun project.  Membership in the Kaiser Frazer Owners Club Intl. will bring you fine monthly Bulletins where you can get up to date information on club events and free classified ads, a quarterly publication which includes two magazines, a club roster and a colorful calendar showing all of the cars present  at the last K-F National Meet which is held in a different location every year and a cd full of K-F facts and history.  Join in on even more fun!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:48:02 AM by Gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Esmith48

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 05:11:58 AM »
Thanks for the info we have a k 481

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
1948 Frazer special
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 09:20:33 AM »
Hello,
If you have trouble finding the parts you need, try contacting Mr. Paul Boehm, Mr. Adam Harder, or Mr. Dave Hollen (1-814-687-4446).  They have several older cars that may serve your needs.
Jerry