Author Topic: 1951 Manhatten parts  (Read 2256 times)

Victor

• View Profile
    • Email
1951 Manhatten parts
« on: November 24, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »
If anyone has 1951 Frazer Manhatten convertible front fenders would you please let me know, MIne are pretty rusty.

Any other parts, especially chrome parts would be helpful also.

Anybody out there rebuild the convertible top pump?

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1951 Manhatten parts
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 01:39:59 PM »
Any '51 Frazer front fenders will fit your car.  Maybe you should buy a parts car if you need lots of parts.  Several outfits rebuild the top motors.  Check in Hemmings Motor News.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »
This person has been parting out this car for a long time now. It's in Albert Lea, MN. May be worth checking out. The front fenders are the same. Hard to tell what shape they're in by the photos
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/51-KAISER-FRAZER-VAGABOND-REAR-UPPER-HATCH-INNER-LATCH-/140482508070?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b568f526
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 04:48:52 PM »
'51 convertible and hardtop parts are next to impossible to find, some impossible I am finding out after over three years.  I have been unsuccessful in finding a rebuilder for my vacuum-electric motor. Tried to get a fairly local person to rebuild it, one who had worked with generators and starters for a number of years, but he was unable to rebuild it.  He said he called the convertible top folks down in Florida that have cylinders and what have you, but he told me they could not rebuild it. I emailed another place out in California and they said "maybe" but I just don't feel like packaging this rare part up (even if it is broken) and shipping to places based on "maybe."  I was told by the guy that worked on mine there was a spring missing but the real problem apparently was the "custom" brushes were worn out. I had a "bad" experience with another rebuilder of electric motors who advertises in HMN, so have developed a certain reluctance to sending things off. I've converted to manual roll up and down windows and when we get the top done, it likewise will be manual. FYI, the "impossible" parts to find are left front vent window and frame, inside and outside chrome door moldings, and grille emblems.  Hope you do not need taillights as there apparently is NOT going to be a repro and IF you find any they are extremely pricey, like $600 for what might be left of some previous remanufactured plastic lenses.....plastic, not even glass. But do wish you good luck on finding parts. I think I got some door handles/escutcheons, maybe some other items from this guy in Albert Lea.
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 05:30:23 PM »
The Frazers used the Dura hydraulic top system, similar to that used in the 1949-51 Buick Roadmaster convertibles.  If you know someone locally in the Buick club, you might want to pick his or her brain(s) to see who does the motors for Buicks and see if they will do yours for the Frazer.

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »
Good info. I'll check it out.  Thanks.
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan