Author Topic: 1952 Aero Ace Coupe (Gone)  (Read 546 times)

jagarra

• View Profile
    • Email
1952 Aero Ace Coupe (Gone)
« on: January 13, 2020, 06:02:15 PM »
This car was purchased new in January of 1953 by my Grandfather.  It has spent its entire life in Reno, Nevada.  The car runs good, starts right up and stops well. It has a newish M/C, all the brakes have been redone and drums turned.  Gas tank was boiled out sealed, new fuel lines with rotary electric pump mounted near tank.  I has a new clutch, pressure plate and thrown out bearing, I have the original OD tranny  for spare parts.  The body is straight, slight dent where a sheep kicked it.  I also have many spare parts from another Willys that I stripped for parts, doors, trunk lid, suspension items, dash board and so on, all that goes with the car. 
Body does have a little issues,  there is some rust areas on the bottom corner of the door skins, couple bubbles on front of hood and some bad spots in the trunk from leaking weather stripping. 
The glass front and rear is good, wing and back seat glass good, but both door glass is cracked.  Original upholstery still under seat covers my Grandparents had install, the rear seat top would have to be replaced from sun damage, haven’t exposed rest.  It needs headliner and all the side panels redone.  Original floor covering pretty good still.   
I don’t drive it much, no one else in my family has the mechanical knowledge to do the work to finish it up so I guess it’s time to move it on.

Someone in the family stepped up and took it. 

I am in my mid 70's, too many projects and so little time. 
$4500 OBO
775-229-5731
luvewe@att.net
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:50:57 PM by jagarra »
52 Willys Aero Ace, 62 GMC, 66 Jaguar 3.8S, 
76 Jaguar XJ6Coupe