Author Topic: Trouble posting  (Read 772 times)

324darrin

• View Profile
    • Email
Trouble posting
« on: May 22, 2020, 11:33:08 AM »
Been trying to post some photos as requested but after several attempts I thought I would try with text only. I’ve posted photos before with no trouble. Just before I hit the post button, it tells me that it’s  going to an unsecured site.

This life is a test. If this were a real life, we would have been told what to do and where to go. But instead we are being told what we cannot do and where we cannot go. Sorry, just a mini rant. Steve
Currently
1954 Darrin
1965 F250
1967 Galaxie 500 2dr HT
1949 EL Harley Davidson
Formerly
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe Coupe
1947 Buick Super 4dr
1959 MGA
1961 Chevrolet Belair 2dr
1966 Ford Econoline
1967 Ford Econoline

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Trouble posting
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »
The following procedure should work for posting .jpg files:

1.  at the bottom of the screen when you open up a new reply thread there is a statement "Attachments and other options".  Click on that.

2.  It will open up additional items including "Attach".  click on the "choose file" button

3.  You will get a default-selected folder opening up with a list of disk drive items at left margin.  If the default did not include the illustration you want to post, select the drive from the list at the left and scroll down to the item you want to post.  In this case, I selected the photo hj4.jpg.

4.  if you have other photos, click on "(more attachments)" .  You will get a new "choose file" that you can click on.  In this case, I selected the photo p1010039.jpg.

5.  If you have additional photos to post, repeat step four.  You can post up to 6 attachments onto the actual posting item.  If you selected the wrong file  just click on "(clear attachment)"  at the item you want to replace.   When you are done attaching items, at the lower right corner of the screen there is a button marked "preview".  You will see your text with a section showing the illustrations that should be posted with the text in your reply.

6.  "Post" button should put everything up.  I did this to get the posting with illustrations of a 1952 Henry J dashboard and the display board front side that Barbara created to help show off our 1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe.

7.  I added this item to show off the "Modifiy" selection at the upper right area of the text box.  Clicking on this lets you add text, illustrations or delete illustrations as well as delete areas of the text you posted.  I used the modifiy function to add this after verifying that what I wanted posted came out ok.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:51:54 PM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »

324darrin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Trouble posting
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »
Yes, I have followed the procedure that you posted as 1 through 6 and it has worked for me every time in the past but not lately. Will try again. Thanks, Steve
Currently
1954 Darrin
1965 F250
1967 Galaxie 500 2dr HT
1949 EL Harley Davidson
Formerly
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe Coupe
1947 Buick Super 4dr
1959 MGA
1961 Chevrolet Belair 2dr
1966 Ford Econoline
1967 Ford Econoline