Author Topic: Banners wanted  (Read 1777 times)

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
Banners wanted
« on: October 01, 2010, 11:39:15 AM »
I would love to have a few Kaiser Frazer banners for my shop. It would look great with my Kaiser.
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Banners wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:02:41 AM »
There are a number of people in the club who are looking for these things (I have service posters along with a 1954 Kaiser piece that does not show a car, and a 1952 Kaiser Manhattan item for the front seats showing features).  I have found a company in Detroit (in the old LaFontaine-Detroit building, no less) who could reproduce items if they have something to work off of for artwork.  Price would depend on complexity of the item and quantity run.

If there is enough interest, I can follow up, but to make it viable, close to 100 people would have to order the same item in advance.  That reflects artwork and set-up costs.

FrazerWill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »
Orphanauto,
    If you have a Office Depot by you they can take a scan of a ad from a mag you can get from ebay and blow it up to about 2' x 3'. They can also put it on a board and/or laminate. I know it not real big but nice.

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 09:20:59 AM »
I have seen silk banners dealerships had when new. I would like to get either original, or even a reproduction, as they would be new. The ones with adds on them from magazines are not what dealers had so.... I would think this would be a good selling item for a club project. Since I am a hobbiest, and not museum, I don't need original, but a reprodution KF Service sign would be cool to providing the price was reasonable. It's just something to make my garage/shop look cool, and like a KF Dealership room.  Jack, I would be interested in those, but, I don't know how many others would be, so can't say if the orders would be there. thanks..
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »
Be advised that dealers got ad proofs of magazine ads for display use.  Some were the same size as the magazine run, others were larger.  I have a number of them including an oversized 1953 Willys ad done for the garage magazines...it covers the dealer franchise program for those interested in becoming a Willys dealer.  Some indicate the magazines and issue dates the ads would run in while others were blank on the back side.  Age and folds of the paper can identify an "original" from a reproduction (also, whatever was on the back side of the original ad tends to bleed through with most reproductions).