Author Topic: Free Fraser Hub Cap  (Read 8827 times)

Stennis

Free Fraser Hub Cap
« on: November 24, 2010, 11:33:23 PM »
My uncle purchased new an early model Kaiser.  When he totaled it, he gave the remains to my brother and I.  The car is long gone but, at my mother's house, there has been an old hub cap that I thought belonged to the Kaiser.  After her death, I kept it.  A few months ago tried to find how much it might be worth - not too much.  However, I now do not believe it to be a Kaiser hub cap but rather a Fraser cap (I cannot warranty that but it has some form of crest and seems similar to what I remember the Kaiser caps to be).  That makes sense because my brother probably found it to replace one that was missing.  It is not in new condition but is not too bad with a small dent or two.

When I die, the hub cap will be thrown out with the trash with most of my other "junk".  I would like to place it with someone that needs it.  Please do not request it for resale.  All I ask is that you pay postage/shipping and it be for your personal use.

I had to submit my email address to get on this Forum.  Please use it to contact me. 

In closing, I apoligize for getting on your Owners Club Forum but this seemed the best place to fiind the hub cap a new home.  I will request that my name be removed within a week if the administrators do not do so sooner

FrazerWill

• View Profile

FrazerWill

• View Profile
Re: Free Fraser Hub Cap
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »
it looks like this

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 01:26:20 PM »
I don't recognize this one. It is not a Frazer hubcap.  Anyone else recognize it and know what car it is for?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:31:31 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »
Isn't that a Desoto design?
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »
With the Knight and "golden lion" I'd say Desoto 1949-51 or possibly Chrysler.  Lincoln in 1956 used the Knight on the hood and trunk emblems, but these are not '56 Lincoln hubcaps.
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »
I posted the picture on another site and here's what gordie had to say - "That emblem on the hub cap is for Lyon wheel covers. They made many generic wheel covers in the forties and fifties. Note the lion in the emblem. They were stainless and of good quality."
Makes sense. If someone owned a Frazer and was missing a cap, it would make a good sub.
The Desoto emblem actually had a face on it and viking cap, like this:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:53:16 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Lisa P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 09:23:58 PM »
Wow, that is a really nice hub cap and it would look great on my Desoto Firedome!  I would love to have it, especially if I could find 3 others.  If not, it could have a place of honor in my shop next to my '70 Fury III hub cap.   Yes, I admit I do have a soft spot for hub caps...