Author Topic: Need to sell two cars  (Read 3668 times)

kenandcher

• View Profile
Need to sell two cars
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:38:29 AM »
We have a 1947 older restoration 47 Kaiser Special and a unrestored 49 Kaiser Traveler that we want to sell.  I am not sure this is the appropriate forum for this since we just signed up.  The 47 runs although we haven't started it in over a year.  The body is clean.  It needs some work though.  The 49 has some surface rust but no cancer that I recall although I have not seen it in awhile.  We purchased a new wiring harness for the 49, but it is incomplete.  The fellow that put it together said he wanted me to send him the old harness and the folks that were going to do that have defaulted on their agreement.  In short I could probably work it out so that if whoever buys it sends the harness the fellow with the harness would add the connectors and send back the new harness.  The car has a new water pump, new re cored radiator, and new thermostat.  The engines in both have been rebuilt, but I think they both could use new distributors.  They are currently located in Southern California and registered in Washington state.  Our interests have shifted to woodworking and we are looking for a good home for these two. 

Ken Kaiser

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need to sell two cars
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 02:58:25 PM »
Both cars are popular models but not rare and there are always some available.  You might try an ad in the K-F Club Bulletin which comes out monthly.  Because of the high cost of transporting cars these days you might want to advertise them locally in your Auto Trader or other local car publications.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:33:20 PM by gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kenandcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 03:22:58 PM »
Transportation may be accommodated depending upon the location, right now the major concern is finding them a good home.

Ken Kaiser

stude64

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:51:09 PM »
Hi Ken,

To bad the cars are not in Wa., I live in Graham, Wa. and I am currently looking for a project car. everthing I find is far away. Good luck with your selling.

Clyde  Coe

kenandcher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:42:20 AM »
Clyde,
I am in Battle Ground Washington.  Part of the deal when we sold the house in California is that they would pay for the move.  If I can pull this off, the cars would be transported to Battle Ground if that would make it easier.  Not sure where Ghram is. Haven't been here long enough.

ken

Jack Wright

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 05:27:37 PM »
This is my first time on here---was wondering where to go to addvertise a couple Kiasers that I have ---A 1949 Kiaser Fraser and a 54 Kiaser Manhatan--these are complete cars--also have a whole lot of parts some still new in old boxes--some flat head motors--transmissions--stearing parts---doors--fenders---hoods--crome pieces--just to much to list it all---I got it all in a package deal a few years back, thinking to fix one up and now realize it is just to much for me---want to sell everything

stude64

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 10:09:39 PM »
Hi Jack,

Were are your cars located ? i am looking for a project car.

Clyde

tttodd

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 11:52:47 PM »
Ken,
Have you found a home for your cars yet? I may be interested if you haven't.

Todd