Author Topic: Manhattan spotted in recent TV show  (Read 1416 times)

54 Kaiser

• View Profile
Manhattan spotted in recent TV show
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:25:08 PM »
I've been meaning to post this for a long while now.

I'm a fan of the Sci-Fi/Mystery show Warehouse 13.

Season 2, Episode 10 (Air Date 7 September 2010) has the main characters traveling back to 1961. I figured I saw at least one shot of a '54 Manhattan (Comet Blue Metallic/White two-tone) in there as I watched it. Fortunately, I was able to go over it on the PVR and grab some shots. I've posted a couple of screen shots for your enjoyment.

For what it's worth, most of the "Town" filming in Season 2, was done in Stouffville, Ontario. About 5 miles from where I live. They used a bit of "Stock Footage" in the episode to make it look like a big city but the rest of it was just Stouffville, decked out to look like the 60's. Well, SORT OF. I also added a screen shot from one part of the episode where "Pete" talks about getting a Steak dinner for $1.00. Zoom in on the shot and he could have also had a "Chicken Souvlaki or Gyro". Something you would not likely have seen in 1961 except in a Greek restaurant. (And it looks like it was around $6.95. I'll take the Steak for $1 Alex.....)

I think the Manhattan shows up in a couple of other spots in the episode as well. I'll look for them if I can find time and post what I find.

Cheers!