Author Topic: OK -- Just Joined KFOC  (Read 1491 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
OK -- Just Joined KFOC
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »
Thanks to the easy on line application process I just joined KFOC.  I am a Buick Club of America member and my 2 main interests are the postwar cars built from 1946 to 1950 and interesting cars from the 1970's.

Over the years I have just gravitated toward the early postwar cars and automotive history. I think, just me personally, styling slacked off from 51-54 as engineering took over as a focus and set up the wild ride that was the American automotive marketplace from 55 to 1960. 

I do not own a KF yet but do own Langworth's book. I would like to purchase a copy of Jack's book but on Amazon it's like $300. Maybe we should put in to re-run some of those!

I bought the Collectible Automobile magazine that features early KF cars and history. I am looking forward to joining up with midwestern based KF fans.

I do not own a KF and never have. I know where there is a 49 Virginian, complete but in poor shape, in Minnesota. I have thought long and hard about the cars offered by KF and find myself drawn toward the 49 Virginian and the 49 Frazer Manhattan.

I think the grille on the 49 Frazers seals the deal as I am a fan of Cadillacs eggcrate grilles. I will not be buying a 2nd gen car and look forward to enjoying these cars vicariously through club members. I hope the club has members that will allow me to sit in their cars, start them up, and touch them (with respect of course).  I am not into the trailer queen crowd and enjoy allowing astonished show patrons to sit in cars I do bring for show, most of which are just driver quality.
No old cars owned.

hollenway

Re: OK -- Just Joined KFOC
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »
First of all - Welcome to the club !!!  There are a lot of folks in the mid-west area who will offer you help in locating a car and of course get you a chance to sit in a Kaiser !!!!!  Plan to attend
the next mid west meet.... you will meet a lot of great folks and see some great cars !!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 05:52:32 AM »
HI,

Where are you located in the Midwest?  Barbara and I are in a suburb of Cleveland Ohio, just off I-90.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:32:08 AM »
Jack

I am near Des Moines, Iowa.
No old cars owned.