Author Topic: SMS Headliner for Henry Js  (Read 2615 times)

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
SMS Headliner for Henry Js
« on: January 23, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »
Has anyone purchased a headliner from SMS for the Henry J? If so, what if any issues did you have with it? Also is there a difference from one with a deck lid and without? Any information would be helpful. I am about to send them samples of my vinyl material from my Henry J Headliner to match.
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: SMS Headliner for Henry Js
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:27:39 AM »
We sent samples from our 53 Manahattan to SMS and they attached their best match and sent them back in the mail.  They have a huge warehouse of materials and the ability to manufacture material onsite.  My 53 HJ has a shelf and has a soft woven material as a headliner that we need to replace.  I bet they can match yours.

Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Skipplehammer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »
I am trying to find a complete, correct set of headliner bows with end clips for my 1951 Henry J.  Then, I will try SMS and see if they can make a suitable headliner for me to try to install.  (After I mess it up, I'll go to an auto upholstery shop.)
1951 Henry J.
6 cyl, O/D
KFOCI # 5949

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
When you are ready to install, I will give you step by step help. It is easy to do. IF your windlace is bad, you need to replace it BEFORE you put the headliner in, as you need it out to put new windlace in, So, if it needs done, now will be the time to replace it.
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door