Author Topic: Kaiser Intake / Exhaust manifolds  (Read 3879 times)

Kaiser78

Kaiser Intake / Exhaust manifolds
« on: December 21, 2008, 10:46:04 PM »
Hi I have a Kaiser manifold it ias actually the intake and exhuast manifold bolted together. It is for a six cylinder engine. I have some Kaiser Frazer parts books and it looks like the manifolds in the book except that the riser the carburator sits on is much shorter on my part. Does any one have a suggestion as to how I can id this part. Thanks Don

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Intake / Exhaust manifolds
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:07:15 PM »
There were three six cylinder engines that were "Kaiser" engines. The 226 CID which was used in the Kaiser and Frazer cars and the 161 CID flathead (or L head) that was used in the Henry J deluxe models and the 161 F head that was used in the Darrin sports car.  The F-head had the intake valves in the head and the exhaust valves in the block so that would not be the one you described. On the 226 and 161 L-head engines, the intake and exhaust manifolds bolt together as you point out. On the 226, the manifolds have very round corners. On the 161, the intake has square corners and is more rectangular in shape as opposed the round shape as that of the 226.  The 161 was the first engine to have a PCV valve. The PCV valve screwed into the intake section just below the carb. The 226 does not have that.
Hope this helps. If I get chance over Christmas, I'll take some photos (the cars are in storage about 20 miles from me) and post them on here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:12:12 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

kenneth

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Intake / Exhaust manifolds
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 01:00:43 PM »
Hi my 51 Kaiser that I had before had a hi rise manifold on my 53 there is a low rise manifold the 51 have the aircleaner in front of the carb while the 53 has it on the top of the carb.

Merry xmas and a Happy new year!