Author Topic: IMCDb Internet Movie Car Database  (Read 21552 times)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: IMCDb Internet Movie Car Database
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2012, 08:50:50 AM »
It may be as simple as looking at the file name on that one I posted. It's called "Chopped.jpg" and there is indeed a film called "Chopped" from 1961. According to www.imdb.com it is about "hot-rodding street hooligans..." and "...JDs..."   I'll keep my eyes out for it. TCM has it listed on their site but no air dates/times as of yet.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »
The film was originally titled The Choppers. I think it got a retitle and some footage was removed so it could play as a double feature at the drive in.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:06:17 PM by joefrazer »

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2012, 05:27:20 PM »
joe is correct, the file name is "Thechoppers.jpg" so I was typing faster than I was thinking. I'm sure that's the picture and the trivia section on IMDB mentions the "Double Feature" aspects.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 08:02:03 AM »
I can confirm that this picture is from the movie, "The Choppers."  I recently watched it, and can say that is one of the worst I have every seen.  It does have some footage of Kaisers--at one point they "chop" a '54--but I wouldn't waste my time on it.  If you do want to waste your time, it is available from Netflix: http://movies.netflix.com/WiSearch?oq=the+choppers&ac_posn=-1&ac_rec=false&ac_count=-1&ac_match=false&v1=the+choppers&search_submit=