Author Topic: Drive them  (Read 1356 times)

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
Drive them
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »
I have been driving my #81 Darrin for a few months now and everywhere I take it (I know it's a cliche now) but it gets attention where ever it goes.

I live in Southern California, so every day is summer, and I visited the palace where the Derelict Donuts meet (look them up on the web).  It's a car show every Sat morn from 6:00 am to 8:30 am with over 300 cars each week.   I drove in at ten minutes  to 6 and there were 100 people surrounding the entrance.  I had quite a few follow me to where I parked and talked to people for the next 2 1/2 hrs.   "No one sees these Darrins on the road" was the most commented along with the typical comments seen in this forum.   Every one is surprised that the Darrin came out before the Corvette, pretty neat.

I next took my Darrin to an automotive teachers seminar and was a hit there as well, with all the usual comments.   
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Drive them
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »
I keep telling people to take your K-F products out to places (not just the Darrin, but ANY of them) and let people salivate.  If they see enough of them about or of the owner is willing to talk about the car people will know you can get parts for them and you can find nice or restorable cars and for a lot less money (usually) than something like a Mercury, DeSoto, Oldsmobile or even Ford (in some cases) of similar vintage. 

All of us--not just Darrin owners--need to do this if the club is to survive.

darrin502

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Drive them
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:10:20 AM »
I have taken my Darrin to car shows for the last 4 years and I cannot tell you how the people just love to see a different car. Many of the people do not even know what a Kaiser is and very few know anything about a Darrin. These cars are the hit of the show. I talk to people from the beginning of the show till the end of the show. I have been to about 100 shows and I have won an award at almost all of them. I have won Best of Show at alot of them. I finished my second Darrin (my yellow drag race Darrin) a while ago and am now taking both of them to the car shows. It is a show within the show. Everyone that can should take their car to a local show, you can't believe how much fun it is. Most of the car shows give the money to charity so it helps the community as well. Get those cars out there live a little.
See you at the next Kaiser convention.
Lee
LM#1076
I have attached a picture of a few of the awards.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:12:03 AM by darrin502 »
LM #1068
1954 Darrin # 103
1954 Darrin #  60
1954 Darrin #  51
1954 Darrin #  91
1954 Darrin # 394
1954 Darrin # 193
1959 Corvette
1968 Corvette
1968 Mustang
1959 Austin Healy Bug Eye Sprite