Author Topic: JUDGING RE-VISITED  (Read 1615 times)

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
JUDGING RE-VISITED
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »
This topic is nothing new.

In my last Darrin Newsletter, I had reprinted an article from the 1984 Darrin Newsletter by the then editor Andy Schroyer.
The gist of the article was that the judging at that time was neither accurate or consistant.  Sound familiar?
..and I quote from 1984  "Other pitfalls include Field Judges who NOT knowledgeable and there have been cases where I personally felt that a strong friendship may have had some influence."
Andy had talked to Ellis Rhodes, bless his sole, who was, and I quote again, "visibly angered over the "grading" on the Judging Sheet".

To bring this to current days, as I was restoring my father's Darrin, I was frustrated that the club did not have detailed standards for the various car models to help in my rebuild.
I started on a mission to redo the  Darrin standards that were started back in the early 90's.
I encountered great resistance from many members, culminated by several walking out of a National meeting.  To this day, several ignore me.
I was told by one such member, that although I may be correct in my mission, I did not have enough "face time" in the Club to talk the way I do.
So much for new blood to institute changes.
..enough about me

This Club issue will come to a head at this years National.
This will be a "judge free" event  unless you pay a fee.

As typical when controversial subjects are initiated, some members of this club have taken it upon themselves to viciously attack certain other members on this issue.  I have seen the mails and the authors should be ashamed.
I, myself was similarly attacked for my stand on standards.

wnyfrzr

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: JUDGING RE-VISITED
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:37:30 AM »
Pay a fee for judging?  Really?
Is this for Darrins only or all cars?  And where to the funds collected for the fee go?  Do they go to KFOCI as a whole, the Division hosting, or are we paying the judges?

I am not complaining about it - - - -yet.  This is just the first I have heard of it and would like to be informed of all the details about this decision.
1951 Frazer (standard)
Empire Region Manager

alohagreen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:56:32 AM »
 paid judges is not new
finding them is not easy(ones that know anything)
alohageen is here to help,
a little help goes a LONG way...

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 07:46:11 AM »
For this club, paying a judge to do his or her job IS new, or at least I have never heard of it before and I've been around here for almost 40 years.

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 01:22:32 PM »
..refer to the insert in the calendar recently mailed by Mike Barker for an explaination of the judging at the upcoming National.