Author Topic: Allstate For Sale  (Read 1553 times)

ziggeypop2

• View Profile
Allstate For Sale
« on: May 22, 2013, 10:17:58 PM »
1952 Allstate for sale. Directional signals, glove box, trunk, no radio, no rust out, complete car with fifty eight thousand miles on it. Car does not run as has been stored for about twenty years, engine not stuck. Interior good but very dry fabric, will need to be redone.
Selling because I have to many toys and not enough time to finish them all. If you want big power and flash this car not for you. Buying this car gives you a piece of retail history and one you will be proud of. Located in Southeast Kansas, car is 4 on condition rating, great buy at $5,000
913-244-5806
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:55:51 PM by ziggeypop2 »

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Allstate For Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:44:44 AM »
Does it run?

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 08:44:58 AM »
Look at that ALLSTATE head, I didn't know they did that!   I figured it would just be a straight head without any identification.

Isn't this a very rare car because they only made a few Allstate's to begin with?    Would be fun to own as a novelty but not a $5000 novelty. 
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »
Kaiser-Frazer had the HJ engines cast as Kaiser Supersonics on the heads, and Willys had their own name on their version of the part.  Since there was no "blank" version of the head, it would cost just as much to make molds with "Allstate" on them as it would a blank. 

Remember too, that Allstate tags say "Sears Roebuck & Company" on them rather than Kaiser-Frazer Corporation. 

If the interior upholstery is original and intact with no holes, tears, etc, the price might not be out of line.