Author Topic: Website Updates and More  (Read 1194 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Website Updates and More
« on: December 15, 2013, 12:31:35 PM »
By now, I'm sure everyone's seen the new KFOCI website front end (home page). This is just the first phase of many changes to come. So that everyone is aware of what I envision, I'd like to outline them here. One caveat, much of this is still in the planning stages so it it will take some time to see them to completion. And, as things always do, some may change from the original vision. That said...

- We're looking to add a section to the website for members-only use. The new section would allow us to add more technical content to the site. This would include parts and shop manuals, (or links to them), the Handbook (no more CDs to lose in the mail!), the monthly news bulletin for those who receive it via email, and more.
- I would like to reinstate the Quarterly as an online only magazine that would be housed on the members-only site. The new Quarterly would have a editor-in-chief with many contributing writers. The success of our club depends upon the input of many, so consider joining this group. Email me if you're interested.
- I am also working on revising the current membership (green) pages. My vision is to allow members to have access to their own information so they can update their own mailing information, renew their memberships, and make password changes without needing the secretary's assistance.

Of course, all of this cannot be done overnight and cannot be done by just one person. A few folks have already stepped forward and have volunteered their time to help. Thank you to those who've agreed to lend their time and talent to bettering the club's already solid position on the internet!

Speaking of the internet...many of you are already aware of a Kaiser Frazer page on Facebook. Since it's not the official page of the KFOCI, we decided to start one. Visit our new Facebook page at the 'Kaiser Frazer Owners Club International'. Again, it's new so stop by, like us and leave a comment or two. 

I'm also looking at some changes to our publications process. Many clubs, most notable the Walter P Chrysler Club (WPC) have made changes to the size and scope of their publications and I've been looking at how and what they've done to see if any can be employed with the KFOCI. While I won't "cheapen" our publications, I also cannot watch our costs continue to rise without doing something about them. More about that soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to your thoughts and opinions. For those of you just visiting our site, consider joining the KFOCI. You'll be glad you did!

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: Website Updates and More
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 01:09:36 PM »
I like what I am hearing.  Be glad to help in anyway I can. The Other Jim.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 07:15:04 PM »
I have scanned in PDF format the entire shop manual for 1949.  I would be glad to upload what I have or email it to someone to post on the site when you are ready.  I have a very nice copier in the office that will scan anything to PDF so if that becomes necessary I would be willing to scan and upload anything related to KF.  Just let me know.  I scanned the owners manual by chapter (a pdf for each chapter) I found it easy to navigate that way
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »
Somewhere down the road, I hope the website has a page for members cars and links to members pages.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.