Author Topic: Parts vendors  (Read 8760 times)

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Parts vendors
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 09:10:02 AM »
PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND SOMETHING...

I CLICKED ON THIS THREAD TO LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT PARTS VENDERS AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE MORPHED INTO A PARTS SEARCH

THIS ISN'T FACEBOOK WHERE ONE CAN VIEW CONSTANT EVER-CHANGING DRIVEL ABOUT "STUFF"

BEING A FORUM WITH PARTICULAR SUBJECT TABS, AND MORE SPECIFIC SUBJECT TOPICS, ONE WOULD ASSUME THAT WE ADULTS CAN KEEP TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND AND START A NEW TOPIC IF IT DEMANDS

THERE ARE ADVANTAGES TO THIS, OBVIOUS TO THE CASUAL OBSERVER

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »
So sorry sir. I started the thread due to my frustration trying to find the piece shown in the pictures. I was trying to find contact info. for different parts vendors since I have not been able to get it from the one person who seems to have it. I didn't intend to "brake the rules". Geez, I've seen many other threads go in a different direction than they were originally intended. It never bothered me any, nor did it seem to bother anyone else from what I've seen.

Thank you to those who've tried to help me find this part. If someone is better able to get a hold of Larry than I am, I sure would appreciate it if they'd either let me know how to reliably contact him or let him know how to contact me.

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
when off-topics get buried in threads, someone in the future, who may have questions about this buried topic/part, will not see the information.

BigDave LM6174

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe & 1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
    • MSN Messenger - dball344@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
I think this discussion is just fine and is the point of the forum.  The original topic has morphed into a discussion about his needed parts.  We all are here to help each other to promote the cars and to keep the cars on the road. 
Big Dave
KFOCI LM 6174
Whittier, CA.
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
1958 Lido 14 Sailboat W/Trailer
1958 Carry All Trailer

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »
Kory... Your request for help is why we have this forum.I wish I could
 help you. No one is forced to read or reply to anything.Some of our contributors have strong opinions and express them.Likewise there is no need for you to respond and most certainly apologies are not in order. I learned something from your post and look forward to many more.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
KORY, I do have to apologize to all members , Walkers Auto Pride - Her Name is ERMA WALKER , not Norma sorry for the error

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 06:52:24 PM »
This an open forum, I see nothing wrong with Kory's posts.  Keep posting. 

If people continue to find value, they will stay.  If they don't, they will move on. 

Let's not take ourselves so seriously.
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 08:05:06 PM »
Thank you guys. I have been around a long long time. I just don't post alot because I don't know enough to help much. I post when I have questions. The car has been on hold for about 12 years since my first son was born. Now he's getting very interested in cars so I'm trying to get back to working on it to build that bond and interest with and in him.

BigDave LM6174

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe & 1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
    • MSN Messenger - dball344@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 12:00:49 AM »
Kory, Involving the kids makes the hobby just the more merrier.  My 7 year old son gets down and dirty with our Henry J more than my 12 year old son.  My 7 year old can do the oil and filter change on any car, and he loves doing it all himself.  Get your son involved as much as possible, he will enjoy seeing the result of the hard work.  As for my 10 yr old daughter, she can clean the windows inside and out without a single streak!
Big Dave
KFOCI LM 6174
Whittier, CA.
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
1958 Lido 14 Sailboat W/Trailer
1958 Carry All Trailer

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 04:06:15 PM »
BigDave, My 12 year old is interesting. He's absolutely obsessed with how things work. Noticed it at about 18 months old and it's never changed. However he despises getting his hands dirty. He's been mad at me because I haven't been able to locate the parts I need to keep working on it but he won't get his hands dirty. Also, for some reason, I have a better connection with my 8 year old (12 year old is more attached to mom) but he has zero interest in cars so far. Go figure.

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 04:30:07 PM »
I must be losing my mind. I know Custom posted a picture and a link on this thread where I could get the junction blocks. What happened to it? I was going to order them.

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 05:55:33 PM »
Apparently a few of you have gotten in touch with Larry to let him know that I was still trying to get that vent tube from him. I called last night and he finally answered. So he's supposed to be sending it to me. So thank you guys. I also ordered the junction blocks. from kaiserwillys.com So now my son and I can finally get a little something done on the car.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »
I know in other forums I am active on - there are 'stickys' at the top. Things like KF Literature and Parts Vendors would be great stickys, where if someone finds a good book on KF they post in that section and likewise for vendors.

This would work as KF doesn't have too much literature BUT a recent example was the thread on the 1951 Kaisers in Collectible Automobile.  That thread is now way down and some may miss it and never know.  But by posting inside the sticky for literature it's there for awhile and people can buy CA's back issues from them or ebay.

Parts vendors?  There are but a handful but noting them would serve many purposes.    Just a consideration.

Nothing wrong with the original post I agree but I don't mind criticism either so I am Ok with Terry's comments,  maybe as a direction for further discussion
No old cars owned.