Author Topic: 1949 Kaiser Going to the Scrap Yard  (Read 1369 times)

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
1949 Kaiser Going to the Scrap Yard
« on: August 30, 2014, 06:07:59 PM »
Here are some photos of my 1949 Kaiser parts car. I'm going to scrap what is left of her. Rusted pretty bad. Before she goes is there any thing off of it that anyone can use?  If there is just say and it's yours just pay the shipping. Is there anything I should keep?

It has a three speed no overdrive.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1949 Kaiser Going to the Scrap Yard
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 09:03:12 PM »
Save all of it . Don't crush it . I'm not a 49 guy ( at least not yet ) but there are plenty of parts there someone will need in the future . The parts are not made anymore . If you don't want the parts , start taking stuff off and take parts to the meets . You can sell them or donate them to the parts auction to help meet expenses of putting on the meet . Most gatherings have parts auctions and people are always seeing parts for sell they didn't think they needed until they see them on a parts for sell table . It seems there are people posting comments about taking what is left of their parts cars to the scrap yard and even posting pictures of stuff  that other people need or want . Please don't scrap.

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:14:05 PM »
The body is pretty much gone and it takes up space in my shop. I'm like you in that I hate to see anything go to waste hence if there is anything anyone can use I'll be glad to give it too them.

I'd like to make room for another project.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1960 Metropolitan

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 09:21:47 PM »
Interesting...the car is sporting a 47-48 Frazer trunk lid.

I'm in the same boat...I have a 47 Kaiser that's only marginally better than your car and I'd like to save it but haven't anywhere to store it. It runs and moves but needs it all. If no one wants it, I'll pull the driveline and cut up the rest. It's a shame but you can't save them all!

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »
I have a box of parts that came with it with several different trunk lid chrome pieces. Not sure how the trunk lid ender up on the car but it is in good shape as is the hinges. I don't weld and so putting in new metal is not something Ivan do or want to get into.

I don't have a cherry picker but have thought about pulling the engine. It will turn over and supposedly will run. It's never had a carb on it since I had it and I pulled the starter and generator and had both built.

I learned a valuable lesson, if you are going to go through one like I did a parts car sure makes it nice.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1960 Metropolitan